Is an SSL Certificate assigned to a domain or to hosting?

namhost

I just finished setting it up so that the user can select his hosting, and then on the next page, see a dropdown where he can select an SSL. But then it occurred to me, what if he is ordering a domain name? Wouldn't it make more sense for the SSL to be selected when buying a domain name? So the variations include:

a) User orders hosting with SSL 
b) User orders domain with SSL

We offer free hosting, so even those who are ordering only domains, would choose a free hosting package. So in my case it would make sense to allow the user to select an ssl certificate when choosing hosting, but how do you guys do it?

This one: https://www.thesslstore.com/partner/plugins/whmcs-ssl-module.aspx

And it only imports products, not addon products. It wasn't fun creating the addon products one by one. Theres 70 of them. But I can get over that. My issue is that pricing won't synch because the module isn't aware of the addon products I created. So I need to write sql to synch the two, or preferably, just get the guys from the ssl store to tweak their module. 

8 hours ago, namhost said:

Yes, I have them as products and they can be added separately. But then how do I offer the user the option to buy that product during checkout with their hosting, without making it an addon product? 

three thoughts..

1. the best solution (by far) is to make them available as product addons - as that solves a lot of configuration hassles with the alternatives below.... but I can understand if you don't want to manually add 100+ products as addons.
  2. you can add a link to other products in the template - either via a template at either the configureproduct or viewcart stages... checkout would be another possible stage, but perhaps a little late in the order process..
    Add an SSL Cert to your order - click <a href="cart.php?a=add&pid=80">here</a>

or you could use a hook to hijack the array normally used for MarketConnect addons and add product links to them...
    uutgZBg.png
    I know you rightly don't use MC, but the array will still be available to the template - so you could just amend it with your html... the above banner links are addons, though you could add product links in there, but it would be more convenient if they were addons.

3. you could use Product Bundles, where the client would (or could) add multiple products to the cart and they would loop through configuring them product by product, .e.g hosting product + SSL cert.