TestConnection Failed Error

m24

Hi

I am using WHMCS for the last three Years for our Hosting Business. Recently our Hosting Company changed cPanel to DirectAdmin due to save cost. Now I have added New Server in WHMCS with Directadmin. When testing the connection I am getting following Error:

FAILED: The%20request%20you%27ve%20made%20cannot%20be%20executed%20because%20it%20does%20not%20exist%20in%20your%20authority%20level 

Kindly help.  

I'm just getting very same issue during DirectAdmin testing, and I guess it's somehow related to a WHMCS project issue.

Let's explain:
- in DirectAdmin you have three kind of users: admin, reseller, users
- "user packages" is something referred to reseller only (which is to say: only a reseller can create a user package)

If you configure your server in WHMCS using admin-level credentials, the test you're referring to ("test connection") is ok, but nothing else works... because an admin has no "packages", so you can't create products etc.

If you configure your server in WHMCS using reseller-level credentials, "test connection" fails (with the very same error you have reported), but you can define product using the packages created by that reseller

I'm going to open a ticket to WHMCS to understand how to manage this issue (but if there's any trick to create a "user package" owned by admin instead than a reseller... )

2 hours ago, WHMCS Peter said:

I can confirm that this was a known issue however, this has been fixed as of version 7.7.0.

Thank you.

But (pls confirm), if I want to manage on the same DirectAdmin server both hosting accounts and reseller accounts, I need:

- to add it in WHMCS using a DA "reseller account" and adding to (i.e.) "DAsharedhosting" group, in order to create and manage single hosting account

- and to add it again in WHMCS, using a DA "admin account" and adding it to a different group (i.e. "DAreseller"), in order to create and manage reseller account

Is this right?