Can't download files, attachment or pdf on chrome or Firefox. Works in safari

Hello,

Since a few weeks I have strange problem that even whmcs support can't figured out.
When I client or admin uses Chrome or Firefox (on Mac or Windows) and they want to download something from whmcs admin area of the client area they get the following error:

Site not available 
https://klanten.mindofmedia.eu/dl.php?type=i&id=1166 doesn't work, or the page can be moved to a different url.

ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

Regarding the support of whmcs it because of a custom hook but I can't find which one. So I disabled all off them. First thru the configuration file. And that breaks the theme, but when I switched to the default six theme the problem stays the same.

Then removed all the hooks from includes/hooks and replaced the with a fresh batch from whmcs.
Also disabled all the add-ons, and again replaced the with a fresh batch.
Did that also for the gateways
And for the servers

Replaced most of the files from whmcs with a fresh batch from whmcs

Nothing works. The problem stays the same. And strangely it keeps working in safari. Like it always did. When you are in the admin area and in the invoice itself and choose for print you will see the pdf. But even after that you can't download it.

And then I found out a other thing, when you try to order something thru the client area the total of the cart won't be updated. It just blank. Also the in the theme as in the default six one.

The client area is klanten.mindofmedia.eu 

23 hours ago, mindofmedia said:

And then I found out a other thing, when you try to order something thru the client area the total of the cart won't be updated. It just blank. Also the in the theme as in the default six one.

on your site, I can't get anywhere using the Lagom theme and orderform... even with six & standard_cart, I can't add a domain registration by itself; when I add a product, I can't choose a domain to register; if I use existing to get to the next stage, then ordersummary is blank and I can't continue... I can't even get anywhere using Modern and that's one of the most forgiving templates to issues like this... possibly there are too many alternate TLDs for it to look up, but that's not the cause of the downloads issue.

23 hours ago, mindofmedia said:

When I client or admin uses Chrome or Firefox (on Mac or Windows) and they want to download something from whmcs admin area of the client area they get the following error:

is this applying to old attachments, new ones or both? have you moved the attachments folder from a previous installation ??

there's no point in me testing the site using Safari (as that hasn't been updated for Windows for 10+ years), but with Firefox and Edge, i'm getting nowhere... plus if the downloads are client only, then I can't test those links... maybe Safari Mac is more forgiving to whatever the issue is and Firefox/Chrome are stricter (assuming there isn't an extension in either causing this)

possibly it's a server issue - perhaps how it's handling files types or json - because whilst testing i'm seeing the way it handles certain files as unusual and I don't know if that's impacting on the running of WHMCS or not... it's certainly worth asking your hosts about this to see if they have any idea.

btw - in the last few weeks have you made any server changes, e.g changed PHP versions ?

Hello,

Normally the domain checker should work now. Using the default of whmcs now. 
When you only order a domain the total works, but not if you start from a webhosting product.

About safari, yes we are using macs at the office so that why we didn't notice it. 

The only thing that change server why are maybe small updates. And we also switched from php 7.0 to 7.2 and now back to 7.1. After we made the switch from 7.0 to 7.2 we also needed to install other version for the modules for php 7.1 or later.

But it continues.
So last night whmcs support told to me create a new whmcs installation and use the import assistant to import the data from the old one to the new one. Without installing any of the module (expect activating extra payment gateways that where required for the import) no other modules where installed.

And the new installation, which is completly clean expect with customer data has the same problem. And that installation is running on php 7.0 

The new installation is on my.mindofmedia.eu

21 hours ago, mindofmedia said:

Normally the domain checker should work now. Using the default of whmcs now. 
When you only order a domain the total works, but not if you start from a webhosting product. 

yeah, i'm seeing that too.

So last night whmcs support told to me create a new whmcs installation and use the import assistant to import the data from the old one to the new one. Without installing any of the module (expect activating extra payment gateways that where required for the import) no other modules where installed. 

that wasn't a bad suggestion, but personally before importing the old data, I would have seen what would have happened with a clean empty database - that might have at least told you if it's a server issue or some issue in the database.

And the new installation, which is completely clean expect with customer data has the same problem. And that installation is running on php 7.0 

there is an issue with the subdomain option with the products - but I doubt that is the cause if what you're seeing.

MELEh9y.png

did you try contacting your hosts ?

Hello,

So I created a new new whmcs installation (this time on build.mindofmedia.eu/whmcs/) and there it works (downloading the pdf) (without importing the data).
So I think it's not a server problem. Maybe a database problem? But the first new one (my.mindofmedia.eu) created a new database and imported all the customer data.

What do you mean by the subdomain? Because we don't offer subdomains of mind of media to our customers.

22 hours ago, mindofmedia said:

So I created a new new whmcs installation (this time on build.mindofmedia.eu/whmcs/) and there it works (downloading the pdf) (without importing the data).

that's good to hear. 🙂

So I think it's not a server problem. Maybe a database problem? But the first new one (my.mindofmedia.eu) created a new database and imported all the customer data. 

which implies there could be an issue with the customer data - might not necessarily be the clients themselves, but the products, currencies or gateways... might be worth replying to your existing support ticket and mentioning that it works with a clean database.

What do you mean by the subdomain? Because we don't offer subdomains of mind of media to our customers.

you do with *every* hosting product in my.mindofmedia.com - I suspect you might have created a product, given that subdomain options and then when creating additional products, you have repeatedly duplicated the original product that had a subdomain option.

screenshot of your my.mindofmedia.com below (I switched to English to make it easier for me).

IT7bTHE.png

usually, that "Array" dropdown would contain a list of domains you are offering subdomains with - if it were empty in the product setup (other tab), then the feature wouldn't be enabled in the cart - so there must be something in that field, or there is possibly a corruption in the tblproducts table somewhere.

subdomains are not an option with the hosting product in build.mindofmedia.com, but that's because you would have created a new product, and not imported the products data from a previous database.