Some Invoice & Reminder Emails Not Generated

Version 7.6.1

I'm having a problem where some customers are not getting invoices or reminders generated and sent.. It's not they they aren't being delivered, it looks like the system is never generating item, based on looking at the email log list for the customers.  Most invoices/reminders are being generated for the majority of customers, even other reminders & invoices for these particular customers that sometimes are not getting them.  These customers have multiple services/products and it looks like some are just getting invoices/reminders, and others simply arent.. As far as I can see the particular products are all configured correctly (but, i could be missing something) --  

How can I troubleshoot this?

Hey @iHelpersLLC

Ok, firstly, are the next due dates up to date? Do you have Continous Invoice Generation enabled under Setup > General Settings > Invoicing?   Are the next due dates correct?  I'd recommend this support note to help you troubleshoot https://docs.whmcs.com/Invoicing_Issues#Invoices.2FPayment_Reminders_not_Generated

Yes?  Everything else has been working fine on PHP7.2, but the cron was dying before getting to generating the invoices and reminders.. Never dug deep enough to get the actual failure errors/messages because I had a client on my back screaming about how no invoices going out means no money for him or some such thing, so as soon as I realized it was PHP7.2 I hastily went back to 7.0 ..

@iHelpersLLC Could I suggest switching to PHP 7.2 then enabling errors under Setup > General Settings > Other > Display Errors & Log Errors.  Then log in to your servers terminal window, once done try forcing the cron to run using the following command and see what errors show

php -q /home/username/crons/cron.php -F all -vvv

Another place to check would be under Utilities > System >PHP Version Compatibility and run the report this should highlight any issues with encoding which may shed some light as well 🙂