hook to alter ticket subject on submission

evcz

Hi

I'm looking for some ideas to alter ticket subject during submission (want to append custom data to it based on IP that is submitting the ticket, only for a specific department)

is there a hook I can use that can "filter" the ticket before submitting it into the DB?

Just now, evcz said:

is there a hook I can use that can "filter" the ticket before submitting it into the DB?

TicketOpen would run when a client creates a ticket; TicketOpenAdmin would run if an admin opens the tickets - either could be used to get the current ticket subject and department id or name; if applicable dept, append subject with your additional info and then save it back to the database.

actually there's something (WHMCS api bug?)

if the ticket submitted has an attachment when doing AddTicketNote the same attachment is also attached as a note (despite not populating that value when doing the local API call)

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, evcz said:

actually there's something (WHMCS api bug?)

if the ticket submitted has an attachment when doing AddTicketNote the same attachment is also attached as a note (despite not populating that value when doing the local API call)

I found the same error!

8 hours ago, evcz said:

once you will see CORE-13584 mentioned in the changelog it means it has been fixed 

or possibly more accurately, WHMCS believe it to be fixed. 😛

it's in the v7.8.3 changelog.

CORE-13584 - Prevent duplicate attachments when invoking AddTicketNote during TicketOpen hook

Edited by brian!