Questions about domain management

JimmiSticks

Hello, I am hoping someone could shed some light on the following questions.

1) Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing

There is a checkbox here for EPP code. If I leave this unchecked for the given domain name, this disables the 'Get EPP Code' from the client area for customer (This is great).

My question is by having this unchecked can people still transfer their domains in using the EPP they have from their previous registrar?

2) Setup > Automation Settings

Sync Next Due Date    Enable (ticked) - Number of Days to Set Due Date in Advance of Expiry: 15

First Renewal Notice 30 Enter the number of days before the renewal date to send the first reminder (0 to disable) (renewal date?)

Having the above set, am I correct in thinking the client will get their first domain renewal notice 45 days before the domain name officially expires at the registrar?

Basically I am confused about the difference in the system between the terms for domains 'Expiry Date' and 'Next Due Date'?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @JimmiSticks

Firstly, welcome to the community!

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, JimmiSticks said:

Advanced issues found

1) Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing

There is a checkbox here for EPP code. If I leave this unchecked for the given domain name, this disables the 'Get EPP Code' from the client area for customer (This is great).

My question is by having this unchecked can people still transfer their domains in using the EPP they have from their previous registrar?

Yes, they would still be able to submit a transfer, however, the order will fail as the client has not been able to provide the EPP code you would have to collect this from them and manually do the transfer

Advanced issues found

Having the above set, am I correct in thinking the client will get their first domain renewal notice 45 days before the domain name officially expires at the registrar?

That is correct, it will send a reminder 45 days before the expiry, the Next Due Date is the date the client needs to pay by to renew the domain, so if your cron settings are to generate the invoice 7 days before the Next Due date then as long as auto-renew is enabled the client will receive an invoice 22 days before the domain expires at the registrar

In a nutshell

1. Next due date - The date the client needs to pay you by to renew the domain

2. Expiry Date - The date the domain expires with the registry