WHMCS UTF8 problem

Hi,

Last 10 years WHMCS did not declare UTF8 in configuration.php so all the fields under WHMCS are error. Today they did it for all new installation. Maybe they see this is their errors and fix from new installation scripts while creating tables.

$mysql_charset = 'utf8';

May i know how to convert these field to proper UTF8? If we set above config into configuration.php and all field will become error. We have big data so can not made change manually per clients/customer fied, ticket...

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

Most likely the data in your database tables is in latin1 (which is/was the MySQL default for some time), which (simply put) isn't compatible with utf-8 and will need a manual conversion to fix this. In my experience, the instructions at https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Converting_your_MySQL_database_to_UTF8#Linux_.26_Mac are a good starting point. I would recommend searching and replacing any references to "utf8mb4" with "utf8" to help ensure that the end result is compatible with WHMCS.

As you will be modifying the database directly, I'd strongly recommend making a backup of it before proceeding and contacting your system administrator if you are unsure of how to do the above.