WHMCS can't change passwords for DirectAdmin accounts

Hello,

I think this is a priority to solve, it is a basic function that can not fail:

We're aware of an issue currently in the DirectAdmin module where failures are being reported as success in the Activity Log.

Case #MODULE-7059 is open with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases. Whilst I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this...

9 minutes ago, honesting said:

I think this is a priority to solve, it is a basic function that can not fail:

when did support tell you that ?

if it's very recently, there is an outside chance it might still get fixed in one of the latter v7.8 betas - it depends how simple it is to fix.... but WHMCS won't give you an ETA, so I suspect all you can do is keep checking the v7.8 beta changelogs when the beta period begins.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @honesting,

Thanks for your post!

Case #MODULE-7059 is open with our development team to ensure that the DirectAdmin module is accurately returning success/failure when module actions are performed. At present, success is being returned in some cases, where the action being performed was not successful.

In respect of changing passwords through the DirectAdmin module, this is functionality that does presently work, however, if any errors are encountered on the server when changing a services password (the most common one being the servers credentials set within WHMCS being wrong, so the change password action fails), due to case #MODULE-7059,  this will may be shown in WHMCS as successful, when it was not.

In summary, #MODULE-7059 is open to ensure that the DirectAdmin module is correctly displaying success or failure for module actions, not to correct an issue with changing service passwords, which is a feature that presently works. If changing services passwords is not working for you, please respond to us in the ticket where we highlighted this case to you, so we can work with you to determine what issue/error/configuration is preventing you from changing service passwords within WHMCS.