Ease of use

I would like to offer a free trial of Plesk and site builder without having to purchase a domain name. Currently, when the person clicks my free trial offer, it gives them three options for domain registration. These three being

1. Register a new domain,
  2. transfer a domain and
  3. use an existing domain and update nameservers.

The first two options either require the purchase of a domain name or to already own one. However, the third can be used if the person was to make a domain name up (regardless of if it is already registered or not). They can then use the site builder software to see if they like it. Obviously, they cannot publish the result.

The above has given me a problem. It is not obvious for the user to go for the third option. Is it possible to reword and make this the only option for free trial users? To see what I mean, visit https://national-website-design.co.uk and click the free trial link.

Hi Gavin,

14 hours ago, Gavin-Wright said:

The above has given me a problem. It is not obvious for the user to go for the third option. Is it possible to reword and make this the only option for free trial users?

reword in the sense you mean would require an action hook - e.g a small php file that you upload to /includes/hooks and wiould be a variation of the hook I posted in the thread below...

<?php

# Configure Domain Settings For Products
# Written by brian!

add_hook("ClientAreaPageCart",1,function($vars){

global $productinfo;
   if ($productinfo['pid'] == "11") {
       return array("registerdomainenabled" => "","transferdomainenabled" => "","owndomainenabled" => "on","domainoption" => "owndomain");        
   }
});

for your trial product, that would remove the register and transfer options, and set the default choice to owndomain.

btw - I don't know what that promocode is supposed to do , but it doesn't seem to apply to any products that I tried to add to the cart.

4 hours ago, wp4all said:

have you set the Domain - option under the Product settings ? If you disable this functions there shouldn't be any Domain selection page in the order process.

I think the point is that he doesn't want to remove all of them for this product and only wants the third option - if so, the hook is the easiest solution.