warning before checkout

Shamon

17 minutes ago, HEROCLOUDS said:

how can i show a warning message like this?

editing viewcart.tpl would be the simplest way - using a hook would be another way, but the template's not expecting it, so you'd either have to hijack an existing alert variable, or create a new one... but if you create a new variable, you'd have to edit the template to output the text anyway... so you might as well ignore using hooks and just edit the template.

it's the block of code starting <div class="col-md-8"> where this message would be displayed, so just create an alert <div> similar to the ones already there to display your message.

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

editing viewcart.tpl would be the simplest way - using a hook would be another way, but the template's not expecting it, so you'd either have to hijack an existing alert variable, or create a new one... but if you create a new variable, you'd have to edit the template to output the text anyway... so you might as well ignore using hooks and just edit the template.

it's the block of code starting <div class="col-md-8"> where this message would be displayed, so just create an alert <div> similar to the ones already there to display your message.

Hi @brian!  , I`m using   whmcs six template without any customization, i want to show a warning message in my  whmcs cart view like that website(screenshot), 🙄
can you share that hook? (i'm not good in coding) 🤔 

5 minutes ago, brian! said:

for a more complete answer, I should add that you could use a ShoppingCartViewCartOutput hook, but it's output will be shown in a different location than the one you specified.

q6PZkQX.png

yes!!!! 
@brian! its what i asked😍 
give me that hook please🙂

9 minutes ago, HEROCLOUDS said:

can you share that hook?

it's only 3 lines and basically what's in the docs...

<?php
add_hook('ShoppingCartViewCartOutput', 1, function($vars) {
	$return = '<div class="alert alert-warning text-center" role="alert"><b>Please Note:</b> please choose the correct currency before proceeding.</div>';
	return $return;
});

i'd be tempted to say if your site is multilingual that you should use a Language Override in that output.... but if not, don't worry about doing that.

• 1 year later...
On 6/19/2019 at 8:50 PM, brian! said:

it's only 3 lines and basically what's in the docs...

<?php
add_hook('ShoppingCartViewCartOutput', 1, function($vars) {
	$return = '<div class="alert alert-warning text-center" role="alert"><b>Please Note:</b> please choose the correct currency before proceeding.</div>';
	return $return;
});

i'd be tempted to say if your site is multilingual that you should use a Language Override in that output.... but if not, don't worry about doing that.

Can you please update this hook?
It's not working on WHMCS 8.1 version.

13 hours ago, Sufiyan Shaikh said:

Can you please update this hook?
It's not working on WHMCS 8.1 version.

it works fine in v8.1.. 🙂

1IMswKL.png

the problem might be if you are using the Lagom template, then it practically doesn't use viewcart - it goes straight to checkout... if that's the case, you could try changing ShoppingCartViewCartOutput to ShoppingCartCheckoutOutput in the hook code and that will display a similar message at checkout.

EobOTVb.png

I don't have Lagom in my 8.1 dev, so the above screenshot is from v7.10 - i'd be surprised if it didn't work in the v8.1 version of Lagom.

7 hours ago, brian! said:

the problem might be if you are using the Lagom template, then it practically doesn't use viewcart - it goes straight to checkout... if that's the case, you could try changing ShoppingCartViewCartOutput to ShoppingCartCheckoutOutput in the hook code and that will display a similar message at checkout.

Thanks. I am using Lagom theme and after I made the change you said, it's working fine.

Edited by Sufiyan Shaikh

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Sufiyan Shaikh said:

I want to hide the message of hook if user is logged in.

<?php
add_hook('ShoppingCartCheckoutOutput', 1, function($vars) {
	$client = Menu::context('client');
	if (is_null($client)) {
		return $return;
	}
});

6 minutes ago, brian! said:

<?php
add_hook('ShoppingCartCheckoutOutput', 1, function($vars) {
	$client = Menu::context('client');
	if (is_null($client)) {
		return $return;
	}
});

Thanks a ton Brian!