Affiliation/Commissions - Looking for feedback, ideas, suggestions

Kian

I'm completing the refactoring of a module that I initially released on 2015 that allows to pay commissions to Affiliates depending on their sales, performance levels and monthly achievements. It has nothing to do with the Affiliates system of WHMCS. The current version of the module is still functional but has a problem. It has too many types of commissions which makes the module very difficult to use. That's what you get when you give too much room to bad users' feedback 🤔 My bad.

The refactored module is based on making it simple to use for administrators and affiliates therefore I refused to implement subterfuges like 3% + 5% commissions (you don't get 8%), misleading mechanics and bonus scheme that requires a supercomputer to be explained. I'll never implement such things again. That said, I'm looking for feedback (good ones 😀), ideas and suggestions. Am I missing something important?

Backend

commissions.thumb.gif.960a1157ad5ee5913ac4dc1b948bb564.gifCommissions [ Click to enlarge ]

You can define commission payouts based on specific Products/Services, TLDs and Product Addons both percentage and fixed amount. It is also possible to define group-based commissions (eg. all VPS servers, all TLDs). You can use padlocks to lock certain items so that they don't get updated when you change parents.

achievements.thumb.gif.ab7d02be75e64e0a3961f87296ec069c.gifAchievements [ Click to enlarge ]

You can set multiple achievements to encourage Affiliates to keep selling your products. On a monthly basis the module automatically rewards them for reaching the goals you set. Achievements are based on Revenue, New Signups and Number of Sales. These same achievements can be used also to reward Top Affiliates (eg. first 5 Affiliates that brings you 1000€ of Revenue, Affiliates reaching 1000€ earn a bonus of 100€ etc.).

The system pays commissions based on the following Attribution Metrics (Manual, Cookie-based, Interactive). You can put limits to Affiliation program and Payouts. There are also many other pages in backend (Dashboard, View/Filter/Manage Affiliates, Sales, Payouts, Settings) but right now I'd like to focus on the above ones. Before you ask the module already handles multiple currencies and conversion rates.

Clientarea

Sales_agent_Earnings.png

Earnings [ Click to enlarge ]

This is how your Affiliates can monitor their sales, revenues and request payouts from Clientarea.

Sales_agent_Achievements.pngAchievements [ Click to enlarge ]

Here they review not only unlocked Achievements but also next ones. At a glance they can get an idea of their progress by simply looking at progress bars. This way they can decide to focus on a particular goal.

Sales_agent_Subscriptions.pngSubscriptions [ Click to enlarge ]

This area is for recurring commissions that can be lifetime or last for a certain amount of months.

Sales_agent_report.pngStatistics [ Click to enlarge ]

We're still working on this page since we need to decide what metrics to represent in graphs. Quite frankly I really don't know. Revenue, Commissions, Payouts, ROI... what else? I'm not a "marketing guy".

Edited by Kian

affiliate-activation.gifAffiliate Activation [ Click to enlarge ]

Any successful Affiliation Network needs to provide complete information to new potential Affiliates. This page serves this purpose. Visitors can preview your Commission Structure, Monthly Achievements, Attribution Models and of course statistics about how much you paid to existing Affiliates. At the moment I was thinking about 3 Attribution Models: Last-Click (cookie based), Offline (for sales/conversions made "offline") and Interactive (end-user picks their Sales Representative from a list).

sales-management.gifSales Management [ Click to enlarge ]

Here Administrators can view, filter and manage all sales and conversions made by Affiliates. I still don't know if I should include percentile in addition to % ROI to give more information using less columns.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks very interesting! The most glaring thing I think I see (could be wrong) is that you're setting up the same commission payout per product/service for all affiliates. That means you couldn't scale affiliates. For example I have 2 types of affiliates, some earning 10% on product A and others earning 25% on the same product.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not including any "scaling system" intentionally for a reason. The current version of the module that will be replaced by this new one, had auto-scalings, performance levels, groups... but in the end no one was using them because from my experience people prefer the "fire and forget" approach. They don't want to waste time with affiliates complaining about a 5% that turned into 3%. Secondly affiliates don't like to lose their privileges for example during summer time when sales are low because customers are on vacation.

Instead of punishing affiliates repeatedly every year for no valid reasons I decided to focus on achievements. On one hand we have the same commissions and terms for all affiliates so that everyone is happy. On the other hand there are achievements that allows them to compete and boost their revenues by reaching certain goals. The cool part is that achievements are not mandatory this way there's room for both lazy and super-productive affiliates.

I could be wrong but I want to try this approach before I start coding the same auto-scalings that no one is using on the current version of the module. Maybe I'll change my mind but for now I'm all-in on achievements.

Hi Kian,

That approach makes sense to me. Your answer about the "scaling system" made sense, but I used the wrong word (scale) to describe our situation. We have different types of Affiliates. For example, we have one affiliate class (Client Affiliates) who use our software and can refer their friends. They earn $100 one time. We also have Referral Affiliates who do a minor bit of work and earn 10% of all subscription payments. Finally we have Reseller Affiliates who do a lot more work with new clients and earn 25%. We don't scale these based on performance,  but their payouts differ based on the type of membership they have in our program. Is this something that your new system would support?

By the way, I love the achievements - and the design looks great.

Hi Kian,

seems like what we are looking now. However, how does the module replace existing affiliate in WHMCS? will it be separated from existing WHMCS affiliate and how does the page will be accessed?. As I'm scared if the existing WHMCS affiliate report can be accessed at the same time, will it be causing any confusion?

thanks

CM (this module) and WHMCS Affiliates have nothing in common. Theoretically you could use both system simultaneously. Anyway in CM there's an option that allows you to make sure that you don't mix things. When enabled it removes any reference (pages, links, menu, emails...) to WHMCS Affiliates for both administrators and customers.

Hi Kian,

Our accountant recently pointed out some major limitations with the current WHMCS affiliate program regarding how it manages (well, doesn't manage) taxes such as the GST in Australia - meaning that the program is not actually compliant with Australia's tax system.

I've created a feature request for them to fix it (which they seem interested in acting on if I can get the votes), as well as a community thread to discuss - in which @brian! mentioned your project and suggested reaching out to you, with the hope that if WHMCS themselves aren't able to address the issue, these desperately needed features may make their way into your project instead.

... Is it doable? Keen to hear your thoughts :-)

I need more details.

[Quick Side Note: An "RCTI" is a "Recipient Created Tax Invoice". That is, rather than an invoice from the seller saying "I sold you a thing" (or an affiliate saying "you owe/paid me this much money"), it's an invoice from the buyer/one-running-the-affiliate-program saying "I gave you money"]

What number should I use for RCTI?

• "Dedicated" number (eg. Invoice #1, Invoice #2, RCTI #1, Invoice #3, RCTI #2)
  • "Shared" number (eg. Invoice #1, Invoice #2, RCTI #3, Invoice #4, RCTI #5)

At the moment I'm dealing the following document types in WHMCS: proformas, invoices and credit notes. Should I consider "RCTI" as a new document type? Is there a friendly-name to use in place of RCTI like "invoice", and "proforma"?

You can only provide RCTI's if the referral partner is also GST registered. There are also a few other requirements you must meet in order to issue RCTI's.

What is a GST registered partner? Is it maybe just a company with a valid VAT number from Australia? What are the full requirements to meet in order to issue RCTI? I'm asking that because I want to see if I can automate the process. Is there a sort of registration number? If so, is it possible to validate it formally (eg. "AU" followed by 9 digits and a check digit) or via webservice (eg. directly from Revenue Agency)?

Anyway it's doable. I'm already coding something similar for Italy. At the moment the module has a simple dropdown menu where all these "special" countries are listed. This way you can pick your country and automatically load your "special" rules. Let me know.

19 hours ago, Kian said:

What number should I use for RCTI?

• "Dedicated" number (eg. Invoice #1, Invoice #2, RCTI #1, Invoice #3, RCTI #2)
  • "Shared" number (eg. Invoice #1, Invoice #2, RCTI #3, Invoice #4, RCTI #5)

I'm thinking having shared number might be best,  - as it'll help in situations where they're also integrating with accounting platforms have limited support for RCTI's. Fortunately, Australia doesn't have any sequential invoicing rules, so the biggest priority is that they're unique and easy to track/identify. 

19 hours ago, Kian said:

At the moment I'm dealing the following document types in WHMCS: proformas, invoices and credit notes. Should I consider "RCTI" as a new document type? Is there a friendly-name to use in place of RCTI like "invoice", and "proforma"?

Yes, it is a different document type. The friendly name of an RCTI is a "Recipient Created Tax Invoices". It would also need to say that on the RCI itself.

19 hours ago, Kian said:

What is a GST registered partner? Is it maybe just a company with a valid VAT number from Australia? What are the full requirements to meet in order to issue RCTI? I'm asking that because I want to see if I can automate the process. Is there a sort of registration number? If so, is it possible to validate it formally (eg. "AU" followed by 9 digits and a check digit) or via webservice (eg. directly from Revenue Agency)?

All businesses in Australia need to register for an ABN (Australian Business Number). Then, they can register that ABN for GST (this must be done if your turnover is over $75k/year, but you can choose to do it earlier). When an affiliate registers, they would need to specify if they (a) have an ABN and (b) if they're registered for GST. If both, then they'll need to receive an RCTI for affiliate commission withdrawals and have the GST amount (10%) of any with-GST products (read: basically everything) added to their commission, with the GST amount reflected on the RCTI.

For instance, our ABN is 31 459 636 031 (registration details: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=31459636031). You can see the 4th line lists as "Goods & Services Tax (GST): Registered" - which means that I need to charge people GST on any sales.

If another business that is also registered for GST, example 51 876 095 801 (registration details: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=51876095801) signs up for my affiliate program, I need to pay them GST (because they need to 'charge me' GST) for any affiliate commissions/sales they make.

By "GST Registered partner", I was referring to 'any affiliate that signs up that is also registered for GST'.

Not all ABNs are registered for GST, but all businesses in Australia will have / need an ABN (from a sole trader to a large corporation). Individual people 'just doing stuff on the internet' might not have an ABN, but this creates an even bigger mess with the AU tax system, so personally I'd want to set the ABN as a required field where 'if you're in Australia but don't have an ABN, you can't register for our program' (if you're international, whatever boats your float, since their tax systems aren't our problem, so we just pay them the ex-gst commission amount and move on).

For reference, if you really want to dive down the rabbit hole, an 'individual person in Australia' registering for an affiliate program of a business in Australia would either need to (a) supply their TFN (Tax File Number) so that they could receive the full/normal affiliate commission (without the gst added, of course) or (b) if they don't supply their TFN, the business owner legally has to withhold 47% of the commission amount (source). This starts to get stupid complicated, stupid fast... so having the option to say "people in Australia need an ABN or they can't register" makes life a LOT easier, haha.

Many thanks for looking into this. Our tax system is... complicated.

Please let me know any additional information I can help with - however some questions may take a couple of days to get accurate answers to, as we'll need to go back to our accountant for clarification of the exact requirements. :-D

12 hours ago, Ithiel said:

I'm thinking having shared number might be best,  - as it'll help in situations where they're also integrating with accounting platforms have limited support for RCTI's. Fortunately, Australia doesn't have any sequential invoicing rules, so the biggest priority is that they're unique and easy to track/identify.

[...]

Yes, it is a different document type. The friendly name of an RCTI is a "Recipient Created Tax Invoices". It would also need to say that on the RCI itself.

[...]

All businesses in Australia need to register for an ABN (Australian Business Number). Then, they can register that ABN for GST (this must be done if your turnover is over $75k/year, but you can choose to do it earlier). When an affiliate registers, they would need to specify if they (a) have an ABN and (b) if they're registered for GST. If both, then they'll need to receive an RCTI for affiliate commission withdrawals and have the GST amount (10%) of any with-GST products (read: basically everything) added to their commission, with the GST amount reflected on the RCTI. 

For instance, our ABN is 31 459 636 031 (registration details: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=31459636031). You can see the 4th line lists as "Goods & Services Tax (GST): Registered" - which means that I need to charge people GST on any sales.

If another business that is also registered for GST, example 51 876 095 801 (registration details: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=51876095801) signs up for my affiliate program, I need to pay them GST (because they need to 'charge me' GST) for any affiliate commissions/sales they make.

The good news is that I already have this kind of structure. I can integrate ABN Lookup via Webservice in the same way I did for EU companies with VIES (manual & automatic checks). Using a "shared" or "dedicated" sequential numbering for RCTI could be an option that you can freely change. That said, this structure is part of another module of mine (BX - Billing Extension) and for a number of reasons I can't "move" such a structure in CM (Commission Manager). Long story short RCTI & ABN support will be part of BX. More in particular the idea is that I'm going to add a 4th document type (RCTI) right after Credit Notes...

whmcs-invoice-proforma-credit-note-setti

With features similar to these ones...

whmcs-rcti.thumb.png.1f2655efe65f61e871f013e68fd8411e.png

As for ABN, I'm going to include it as an optional plugin of BX that can be enabled only if you're an Australian-based company like you can see from the horrible example provided below with my Paint skills.

whmcs-abn.thumb.png.4ccb29e3b03149dd49adf411067b5ce3.png

This way you're not forced to use/buy CM if you simply want to issue RCTI documents for Affiliates system of WHMCS. On the other hand, when you're making a payout from CM, I will simply check if BX is installed and configured to use RCTI. If true, CM will issue the RCTI document with or without taxes depending on ABN check for the given client.

12 hours ago, Ithiel said:

Many thanks for looking into this. Our tax system is... complicated. 

You should try Italy 🤣 ... electronic invoicing and different rules depending on "entity type" (Public Administration, individuals, organizations, one-man companies, companies, state-owned companies, companies listed on stock exchange, intra-EU individuals, intra-EU companies, extra-EU, exporters, Livigno, Canary Islands, San Marino, Vatican City...), split payment, tax stamps... it all makes sense. It's just you a psychologist to get the full picture.

7 hours ago, Kian said:

You should try Italy 🤣 ... electronic invoicing and different rules depending on "entity type" (Public Administration, individuals, organizations, one-man companies, companies, state-owned companies, companies listed on stock exchange, intra-EU individuals, intra-EU companies, extra-EU, exporters, Livigno, Canary Islands, San Marino, Vatican City...), split payment, tax stamps... it all makes sense. It's just you a psychologist to get the full picture.

What a mess, haha!

The good news for setting this up with Australia's tax rules is that there already exists a "Your TAX ID/VAT Number" field in WHMCS where we've set our ABN, and there is a "Tax ID" field on client accounts that we've also been using to record people's ABN (because on both tax invoices and RCTIs need to have both parties affiliate numbers), so hopefully you don't need to create 'new fields' (as opposed to just running checks on existing ones).

If two extensions are needed, then I guess two extensions are needed. Let me know if you've got a 'bundled' offer going at all, hehe.

I noticed this extension will also you to set limits on affiliate programs as well (would that allow us to say 'x products only pays a commission for up to 24 months'?) If so... that solves another problem I'd been trying to solve as well.

I've sent a link to this thread through to my accountant to ask 'if there is anything else' (they did warn there may be a few extra considerations we need to account for with RCTI's, but I've got what these are just yet). I'll update as soon as I know more.

Thanks!

Righto... sorry for the double-post, but I've just head back from the accountant, and wanted to give you an update :-)

ACCOUNTANTS INSTRUCTIONS: The full requirements of issuing RCTI’s are as follows:

• Both the recipient (yourself) and the supplier (affiliate) must be registered for GST
  • The commission must be based on a calculation process
  • The invoice must clearly show
    • that it is a RCTI - ie have the words ‘Recipient Created tax Invoice’
    • the recipient’s (your) name and ABN
    • The supplier’s (affiliate’s) name and ABN
    • The date of the invoice
    • Amount of GST payable
    • A clear description of the item sold (i.e. that it is an affiliate commission)
  • You must issue the RCTI within 28 days of making or determining the value of the taxable supply and retain a copy for your records
  • There must be a valid agreement between yourself and the affiliate. You can either have the following paragraph at the end of the invoice (This is a part of the GST legislation and must be word for word)

The recipient and the supplier declare that this agreement applies to supplies to which this tax invoice relates. The recipient can issue tax invoices in respect of these supplies. The supplier will not issue tax invoices in respect of these supplies. The supplier acknowledges that it is registered for GST and that it will notify the recipient if it ceases to be registered. The recipient acknowledges that it is registered for GST and that it will notify the supplier if it ceases to be registered for GST. Acceptance of this RCTI constitutes acceptance of the terms of this written agreement.

Both parties to this supply agree that they are parties to a RCTI agreement. The supplier must notify the recipient within 21 days of receiving this document if the supplier does not wish to accept the proposed agreement.

• Alternatively, you can have a separate agreement with each affiliate that satisfies the following requirements:
    1.  must specify the supplies to which the RCTI relates
    2. be current and effective when the RCTI is issued, and contain the following conditions:
      1. the recipient (you) can issue tax invoices in respect of the supplies
      2. the supplier (affiliate) will not issue tax invoices in respect of the supplies
      3. the supplier (affiliate) acknowledges that it is registered for GST when it  enters into the agreement and that it will notify the recipient (you) if it ceases to be registered, and
      4. The recipient (you) acknowledges that it is registered for GST when it enters into the agreement and that it will notify the supplier (affiliate) if it ceases to be registered.

(Back To Ithiel's Notes: Regarding the "have the following paragraph" or "have an agreement that contains the following agreement", I guess we just need an option that says 'Include RCTI Declaration on all RCTIs' (yes/no). If yes, it includes that blurb at the end of each RCTI, if no, it doesn't.)

Many thanks!

I confirm you that everything you said is 100% clear and can be done. Thanks for providing me details. I'll let you know when it's ready.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, Ithiel said:

I noticed this extension will also you to set limits on affiliate programs as well (would that allow us to say 'x products only pays a commission for up to 24 months'?) If so... that solves another problem I'd been trying to solve as well.

Exactly. Commission can last forever or have an expiration.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, Ithiel said:

The good news for setting this up with Australia's tax rules is that there already exists a "Your TAX ID/VAT Number" field in WHMCS where we've set our ABN, and there is a "Tax ID" field on client accounts that we've also been using to record people's ABN (because on both tax invoices and RCTIs need to have both parties affiliate numbers), so hopefully you don't need to create 'new fields' (as opposed to just running checks on existing ones). 

Due to boring reasons (eg. lof of customers still use WHMCS v5, v6 and outdated v7 where VAT Number field is missing) I still rely on Custom Fields. Anyway there's nothing strange about this. In Settings page there are 2 dropdowns with all Custom Fields listed. You just need to select the field used for VAT Number and the one used for Tax ID. All the rest is automatic.

3 hours ago, Kian said:

Due to boring reasons (eg. lof of customers still use WHMCS v5, v6 and outdated v7 where VAT Number field is missing) I still rely on Custom Fields. Anyway there's nothing strange about this. In Settings page there are 2 dropdowns with all Custom Fields listed. You just need to select the field used for VAT Number and the one used for Tax ID. All the rest is automatic.

Ah, righto - so users will be able to set the plugin to use the Tax ID field that is in the current release of WHMCS if they're running it? I always prefer to use the natively supported fields when/where available (even if it did take WHMCS a horrific amount of time to add them, haha)

This is all sounding very exciting - do you have a particular ETA in mind as to when this might be all up and running? I'm keen to try things out whenever you're ready :-)

6 hours ago, Ithiel said:

Ah, righto - so users will be able to set the plugin to use the Tax ID field that is in the current release of WHMCS if they're running it? I always prefer to use the natively supported fields when/where available (even if it did take WHMCS a horrific amount of time to add them, haha) 

To be fair I don't trust Tax field of WHMCS since I don't know what happens there. Let me give you an example. From v7.7 WHMCS performs VIES checks on this field for EU-based companies. I do the same since 2014 and I don't know if they consider all the possible scenarios. Do they know that Austria and Greece are a bit strange? Do they handle VIES errors? Do they respect daily limits, maintenance time of every Revenue Agency and perform scheduled checks? Moreover that field is used also for domain registrations and I'm a bit scared of changes that one day could break the billing part in favor of a new feature for domains.

Anyway, as I said earlier, that's not a problem. Customers and admins won't notice anything strange.

6 hours ago, Ithiel said:

This is all sounding very exciting - do you have a particular ETA in mind as to when this might be all up and running? I'm keen to try things out whenever you're ready 🙂

3-4 days 🤔 ... If I had free time.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ithiel I have a question for you. Let's ignore for a moment ABN and just focus on RCTI. At the end of the day, isn't RCTI just a credit note? Right now I issue a credit note when I need to:

• Refund a payment
  • Reverse an invoice
  • Give money to a customer for any reason

By issuing a credit note I'm stating that a certain amount has been credited to customer. I'm starting to think that we can use it also for commissions. Let me show you an example. Thanks to Mike (sales agent), Sara pays you 1000 euro. Few weeks later Mike sends a withdrawal request since he wants his 20%. From WHMCS you issue a credit note of 200 euro. The credit note has the following content:

• Detailed description (eg. 20% of 1000 euro paid by Sara for Dedicated Server XXL)
  • Written agreement (eg. The recipient and the supplier declare that this agreement relates to the above supplies...)
  • Tax depends on what ABN says
  • I could override "Credit note #120" with "Recipient Created tax Invoice #120" or "RCTI #120" just for credit notes involving commissions (I can detect them)
  • I can automatically issue the RCTI every 28 days if there's at least a commission to pay

To me RCTI looks exactly like a credit note with few more details (ABC, Written agreement...). Am I wrong?

On 7/12/2019 at 5:22 AM, kyli13 said:

I'd be interested in the Australianised version of your plugins too! 

Nice, this way I can ask questions to two people 😁

12 hours ago, Kian said:

@Ithiel To me RCTI looks exactly like a credit note with few more details (ABC, Written agreement...). Am I wrong?

As far as I can tell.. as long as it meets the requirements of an RCTI - yeah, pretty much. However, the RCTI can only be issued in certain situations (i.e. I legally can't issue an RCTI if they don't have an ABN that is also registered for GST).

• For an affiliate in Australia who has an ABN and is registered for GST, they require an RCTI (with the necessary text and ABNs referenced)
  • For an affiliate in Australia who has an ABN that is not registered for GST, a credit note would suffice (still needs to list our ABN though and should list theirs if supplied).
  • For an affiliate in Australia who has not given their ABN (and hasn't provided a valid Statement by Supplier form - https://www.ato.gov.au/forms/statement-by-a-supplier-not-quoting-an-abn/), I believe that we have to withhold 49% of the amount as "no ABN withholding"/ tax (still needs to list our ABN though) which would need to be listed on the credit note.
  • For an affiliate outside of Australia, who wouldn't have an ABN and isn't subject to this nonsense, I believe a credit note would suffice (still needs to list our ABN though).

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Ithiel said:
  • For an affiliate in Australia who has not given their ABN (and hasn't provided a valid Statement by Supplier form - https://www.ato.gov.au/forms/statement-by-a-supplier-not-quoting-an-abn/), I believe that we have to withhold 49% of the amount as "no ABN withholding"/ tax (still needs to list our ABN though) which would need to be listed on the credit note.

Just as a quick follow up to this... Withholding 49% for persons in Australia that have not given their ABN only applies for payments/commission amounts over $75 Ex. GST.

So if "John Smith" from Australia (who didn't give me an ABN) made a referral and earned $50 Ex. GST commission (10% of a product that sold for $550 Inc. GST as all commission needs to be calculated on the Ex. GST amounts), he could just get a credit note and be paid normally. However, if he earned a $100 Ex. GST commission (10% of a product that sold for $1100 Inc. GST), he'd either need to supply an ABN or a valid "Statement by Supplier" form, or we'd only be able to pay him $51 (instead of $100), with $49 handed over to the tax office (which would need to be recorded somewhere / somehow). If he supplied a valid "Statement by Supplier" form, even though he still doesn't have an ABN, we wouldn't need to withhold anything.

To try and simplify, I've added a 'choose your own adventure' logic path below that should cover all situations :-)

Questions:

• Q1. Seller have an ABN? Yes (go to Q2) / No (go to A2)
  • Q2. Seller registered for GST? Yes (go to Q3) / No (go to Q5)
  • Q3. Affiliate has ABN? Yes (go to Q4) / No (go to Q5)
  • Q4. Affiliate is registered for GST? Yes (go to A1) / No (go to A2)
  • Q5. Affiliate in Australia? Yes (go to Q6) / No (go to A2)
  • Q6. Affiliate has provided a valid "Statement by Supplier" form or the commission amount is under $75 (Ex GST)? Yes (go to A2) / No (go to A3)

Outcomes:

• A1. Issue RCTI and include GST
  • A2. Issue Credit Note without GST
  • A3. Issue a Credit Note without GST, withholding 49% as "no ABN withholding"

If the "statement by supplier" and "no ABN withholding" just complicates things too much, then we can just make the ABN a required field if they're in Australia - which just eliminates those parts of the tree, but I wanted to include all the scenarios here to give you a complete picture.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally finished the refactoring of Commission Manager 🏁 I only need to write a bit of documentation and a news (in multiple languages 🤢) before releasing it. Here you can find 38 screenshots with descriptions for every page/feature of the module.

As for Australian RCTI/ABN support, this part is NOT ready yet. At the moment the module can issue credit notes for commissions but "european-style". Credit notes can be issued:

• Automatically everyday
  • Automatically every 1st of the month
  • One demand by clicking this button

I'll let you know when it's ready for Australia.

5 hours ago, Kian said:

I have finally finished the refactoring of Commission Manager [...] I'll let you know when it's ready for Australia.

Woohoo! Glad to hear we're getting closer! Super excited for the Aussie stuff to be ready :-D