Issue with poor Blesta support now I want to move back to WHMCS

Hi guys,

i was a user of whmcs, however, i struggled with the SMARTY templating system and the default client layout for whmcs (those additional /double top menus are a terrible idea). So in light of this, i moved to Besta. 

After a couple of months of testing with virtualmin, i setup a paid montly lease with Blesta. 

Initially, everything was fine, however, after going live with a paid solution,  i began to notice a few cracks in the armour in the platform. Things just were not working quite right at times. In particular, i began having problems with some of the modules developed by Blesta for provisioning services on control panel platforms such as Centos Web Panel and even Virtualmin (which i have been using for a while).

I sent requests for help through blesta forums, even providing root access to my CWP server itself and admin access to my blesta installation. They came back to me saying everything was ok. I logged into the server and found nothing had changed and it did not even appear in the logs that anyone else had even logged into my CWP server to check it!

So yesterday, i submitted an official support request through our paid support ticketing system...got the confirmation of recept email from them, and then waited. This morning i logged in to find the ticket request no longer exists on their system. It is my fear they have intentionally deleted it (because i have the confirmation email saying they have the ticket).

So in light of all of this, i have completely lost faith in the Blesta system and now want to move back to WHMCS. Can anyone advise on the best way to move a small group of clients on a virtualmin system back into whmcs (i could manually enter them no problem if that is the best option). The client websties are static and wordpress ones on the same virtualmin system.

Also, before moving back, can someone here confirm 100% that the both Centos Web Panel and Cyberpanel WHMCS Modules are working correctly for Centos 7? (i already know Virtualmin module works)

14 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

So in light of all of this, i have completely lost faith in the Blesta system and now want to move back to WHMCS. Can anyone advise on the best way to move a small group of clients on a virtualmin system back into whmcs (i could manually enter them no problem if that is the best option). The client websties are static and wordpress ones on the same virtualmin system.

ImportAssist (free module written by WHMCS) has a Blesta import option if you want to export them from there back to WHMCS...

Blesta 3.x or later

• Client
  • Contact
  • Currency
  • Domain
  • Invoice
  • InvoiceItem
  • Pricing
  • Product
  • ProductGroup
  • Service
  • SupportDepartment
  • Ticket
  • TicketNote
  • TicketReply
  • Transaction

https://docs.whmcs.com/ImportAssist

if you're going to get your license direct from WHMCS, it might also be worth getting a free developer license at the same time so that you can play with the importing and configuring of your WHMCS before you take it live.

As an ex Blesta user, I want to point out that the ImportAssist is not up to date to properly transfer Blesta data back to WHMCS. We moved back to WHMCS about 9 months ago and had to manually move everything over which was not fun. It was worth it though to re gain a lot of the features that Blesta still has not incorporated (better domain management, client notifications for cancellations, etc).

I am just extremely disappointed in the sudden decline in support once my money was handed over. They put on a pretty face up to that point. Once it (professional top notch support) was expected/demanded of them because I had paid money, they stopped answering any and all requests. That in my view is fraudulent and no better than stealing. In all honesty it's the level of what scammers do! 

My complaints are even ranking at the top of page one of Google searches from Blestas own community. Anyone who cares about the success of their business is foolish to not address client complaints before they rank on page one!

Yes I am being harsh, I accept that, but I am shitty that they suckered me in with the promise of a great product and support only to let me down so badly. From my experience, Phillips brothers clearly are not particularly knowledgeable developers of this kind of platform...they also release modules that don't work because they haven't been properly tested, ad in to the problem zero documentation so clients can try to self help in the  absence of developer solutions, is very poor form (the cwp module, like quite a few others they have developed, has zero docs). Now my gut instinct tells me that more than likely the problems actually come from the CWP end...but that is why the module developer needs to bloody test extensively in the first place!

Edited by adamjedgar

May I also add an update to this,

As of a few hours ago, I now have direct contact with Phillips data and they are taking a personal approach to helping sort out the CWP module issue. I would also like to apologize for going over the top in criticizing the abilities of the Phillips brothers...that wasn't appropriate and I should not have done that.

I am not sure I understand the reasons they have given me in response to my support ticket disappearing...i can only say, the ability of a ticketing system to even send support ticket requests (for paid services)and receive confirmation emails, to the exact username and email account I use for my paid services,  whilst being "apparently logged out", is fundamentally flawed (as that is what appears to have  contributed to this in the first place)

Having said that, I also posted on their community prior to finally deciding to send the support ticket request. The same administrators also actively monitor the community and had initially responded on the forums to ask me to pm my CWP and biling/provisioning dashboard login details (which i immediately provided). Shortly after that everything "went dark". For the sake of benefit of the doubt, perhaps my number just got lost in the queue? (certainly a reasonable possibility)

@Brian...I dont believe it would be appropriate for me to ask for another whmcs free developer license, I already have an account with WHMCS with a number of past licenses and my intention would be to power my website e-commerce/auto provisioning of services...not development specifically (my Virtualmin system is already able to function with WHMCS module without too much trouble).

In the event i cannot get a reliable working solution "over there", I would simply reactivate a paid license or apply for a new one on my existing WHMCS account as I am familiar with the WHMCS interface and have used it before.