Google Ads Conversion Tracking

Chad

Can't seem to get my conversion tag verified. Been 24 hours.

I placed the global snippet in my template's header.tpl file between <head> tags.

I the placed the conversion tag in the order template's complete.tpl file, in the tracking code section accordingly.

Anyone have any ideas what else it could be?

Did you read my post? I specified where I'm adding the Google *ADS* tracking snippets, in 2 files. The global snippet and tracking tag. WHMCS does not include Google Ads tracking by default. That's analytics, not ads.

7 minutes ago, Chad said:

Did you read my post? I specified where I'm adding the Google *ADS* tracking snippets, in 2 files. The global snippet and tracking tag. WHMCS does not include Google Ads tracking by default. That's analytics, not ads.

I read the message and missed 'ads' in the title. Are you using a CDN or any other caching? What's your website URL?

In order for me to see if it works, I would have to literally catch one of my Google Ads live, click it and complete a test order. Otherwise I cannot test. Secondly, Google still shows "unverified" in the conversion code section regardless. I'm baffled. I even added the global snippet code to the WP header file.

If you have not yet completed an order then it's normal that your CTA is still pending. You could even wait an entire year and it will still show as not verified. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn (...) tracking codes are simply "listener". They don't "visit" your page to test your integration.

You need to trigger the CTA in order to see if it's working. Keep in mind that you don't need to literally click on one of your Ads. I suppose that you're showing the tracking code on complete.tpl based on specific conditions (eg. only if customer ordered via Google Ads). You can temporarily remove such conditions so that as soon as you complete an order the tracking code gets triggered and you'll see it verified by Google.

Anyway usually there's no need to perform this kind of test. If you are already sure that the tracking code has been placed in the right place with the correct conditions that you can simply wait for customers to place orders.

Edited by Kian

Thanks for the response. However, Google Ads shows this message

"Google Ads will verify that your conversion tag is working within a few hours of tag installation"

They do visit within a few hours to see if tag has been installed. What I did was end up installing a WP plugin called Tracking Code Manager. Going to see if this works. This is for the global snippet whereas the tracking snippet is within the billing order template's complete.tpl file.

Google can't magically trigger the "new sale" event. They would need to register on your WHMCS with a fake account, place a fake order and send you a real payment just to see if the CTA is working. Probably they can verify that the snippet has been successfully added in <head> but CTA need to be verified manually performing real tests.

Edited by Kian