display footer html site on WHMCS

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, if not my apologies.

I have a HTML hosting site (oppidumcloud.host) and i want to show the footer from this site in on the footer WHMCS (dashboard.oppidumcloud.host).
There's a lot of documentation about displaying header and footer of a Wordpress site, but i can't find anything about HTML.

Some help or directions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elias

Hello @Devias

You would need to look in your WHMCS root folder and find the 'templates' folder here you will find the theme that you are currently using which still looks like the default 'six' theme.

I would recommend making a copy of the whole six folder in the templates folder and then working on the content within this new template.

The file you are looking for is 'footer.tpl'

Once you have made your changes before changing the template site wide I would test it by using the ?systpl=[new theme name] option.

https://blog.whmcs.com/69003/a-basic-guide-to-whmcs-template-creation

https://help.whmcs.com/m/customisation/l/680995-previewing-a-template

Hope it helps.

32 minutes ago, redit said:

Hello @Devias

You would need to look in your WHMCS root folder and find the 'templates' folder here you will find the theme that you are currently using which still looks like the default 'six' theme.

I would recommend making a copy of the whole six folder in the templates folder and then working on the content within this new template.

The file you are looking for is 'footer.tpl'

Once you have made your changes before changing the template site wide I would test it by using the ?systpl=[new theme name] option.

https://blog.whmcs.com/69003/a-basic-guide-to-whmcs-template-creation

https://help.whmcs.com/m/customisation/l/680995-previewing-a-template

Hope it helps.

Hello redit,

Thanks for your response and useful links.

Actually i'm looking for something like PHP include(), so i can display the footer from the main site on whmcs.

Maybe there's some other way then the PHP include to achieve this?

I've tried the PHP include function, but it doesn't seems to work.

if there is anyone here who wants to think along, that would be great.

thanks,

Hi @Devias,

I've not go my dev WHMCS box up and at hand at the moment but I'm sure you can do an include in the footer.tpl file (I've not tried it).

In the template file if you use curly braces and then put your include inside these it should run PHP code so I would of thought that an include would work.

Others with better understanding on this might have a better thought, know better or even have a better answer as my other thought would be to use a hook to replace your footer completely but I've never been any good at the hook thing.

if you can live with the default copyright text above your custom output, then you could use an footer action hook to add your html to your footer - though there are two obvious issues with that...

1. your main site is in Dutch; your WHMCS site can use multiple languages... so would a non-Dutch customer want to see Dutch links, or would they be better in the client's own language ?? if in the client's own language, then you're looking at using language overrides instead of hardcoding everything in Dutch.
  2. you will be missing the css classes used in the footer in your WHMCS installation, so they would need to be added to either a custom.css or perhaps in the hook itself... otherwise, you'll end up with it looking like http://prntscr.com/nayzxx 🙂

if you can do it using a hook, then that would negate the need to edit any template or even duplicate the theme... i'm not sure you could use an include like that though in a footer hook, though if it needs translating to the clients language, you probably wouldn't want to anyway.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

if you can live with the default copyright text above your custom output, then you could use an footer action hook to add your html to your footer - though there are two obvious issues with that...

1. your main site is in Dutch; your WHMCS site can use multiple languages... so would a non-Dutch customer want to see Dutch links, or would they be better in the client's own language ?? if in the client's own language, then you're looking at using language overrides instead of hardcoding everything in Dutch.
  2. you will be missing the css classes used in the footer in your WHMCS installation, so they would need to be added to either a custom.css or perhaps in the hook itself... otherwise, you'll end up with it looking like http://prntscr.com/nayzxx 🙂

if you can do it using a hook, then that would negate the need to edit any template or even duplicate the theme... i'm not sure you could use an include like that though in a footer hook, though if it needs translating to the clients language, you probably wouldn't want to anyway.

Hello Brian,

Thanks for getting me in the right direction. I added HTML code in the footer.tpl and made a custom css stylesheet. Creating 4 columns same as the original header. The only thing is, i want to have a full width background color, but that seems to be harder then i thought. Is it wise to put the html code in the footer.tpl or should i make a hook for this?

Edit: forgot to say, we only sell hosting in the Netherlands so language should be dutch (or English)

Edited by Devias

1 hour ago, Devias said:

Thanks for getting me in the right direction. I added HTML code in the footer.tpl and made a custom css stylesheet. Creating 4 columns same as the original header. The only thing is, i want to have a full width background color, but that seems to be harder then i thought.

check out attached files as a starting point - i've modified the footer.tpl from v7.7.1 with your output code and tweaked your custom.css - it still needs tweaking further, but should give you something to work with. 🙂

HPDinds.png

1 hour ago, Devias said:

Edit: forgot to say, we only sell hosting in the Netherlands so language should be dutch (or English)

ok, that simplifies things a bit. thanks.png

1 hour ago, Devias said:

Is it wise to put the html code in the footer.tpl or should i make a hook for this?

all the hook would do is output your code in the footer.tpl template where {$footeroutput} is shown - because you've removed the default copyright text from your template, it's probably going to be easier to keep editing the template - though keep a spare copy locally, because every time you update WHMCS, you're going to have to update it (or at least check it's code against the current footer.tpl version in Six).

I suppose you could put your code into a footer hook to output automatically, but with the way i've tweaked that template, you'd still have to edit it... so there's probably little point to using a hook.

footer.tpl

custom.css

3 hours ago, brian! said:

check out attached files as a starting point - i've modified the footer.tpl from v7.7.1 with your output code and tweaked your custom.css - it still needs tweaking further, but should give you something to work with. 🙂

HPDinds.png

ok, that simplifies things a bit. thanks.png

all the hook would do is output your code in the footer.tpl template where {$footeroutput} is shown - because you've removed the default copyright text from your template, it's probably going to be easier to keep editing the template - though keep a spare copy locally, because every time you update WHMCS, you're going to have to update it (or at least check it's code against the current footer.tpl version in Six).

I suppose you could put your code into a footer hook to output automatically, but with the way i've tweaked that template, you'd still have to edit it... so there's probably little point to using a hook.

footer.tpl

custom.css

Brian,

This looks great!

I'll keep in mind that after an update i need to check the footer and have a backup just in case.

Thanks a lot and if i ever meet you, i buy you a beer 🙂

• 1 year later...