Need to change product before provisioning based on configurable option

Hi there,

Here is the scenario. I have two groups of products - one group is hidden. Both groups have the exact name, price, configurable options, and automatic provisioning. Only the servers are different. The user selects a configuration on the product configure page.

Is there a way to change the product to one from the hidden group, based on the configurable option, so that the one from the hidden group is provisioned after payment?

My goal is to automatically provision a product from the hidden group to provision it on a different server, so the product can be changed on the view cart, checkout or somewhere before adding the order information into the DB.

Can this be done? If so, how much it might cost me? Please take into consideration that I am looking for a simple solution, admin controls are not needed and I want it to cost me as little as I can get away with. 🙂 

Regards,

Mechanic

• 1 month later...