Help to start develop this

elkato

Hi guys,

I'll try to develop WHMCS for some things I don't have there yet. I'm not a developer so I would like if you can point me in the right direction and give me general basic tips on how I could achive what I'm looking for.

I would like to modify products/services to be able to add more info to the product aquired. I tested custom fields already but very limited on what I'm trying to get.

In my model, first I would like to have a table with different IP phones I have in stock, and each phone would have different info like brand, model & MAC address.  Then when customer buy a product, be able handle a table on customer's product to automatically or manually assign the phones from stock table to customer's product table, and add some more info there, like user/pass for each phone. So I'm thinking more like a table associated to the product. With this I will not have to handle a spreadsheet besides WHMCS.

How do you recommend to achieve this?

Do I need to modify DB schema? add a table to DB?

How to handle that info and show it on products/services tab on a client?

Thanks in advance for tips you can give me!

Using custom fields under the products settings should give you what you want, however, the trick here is how you enter that information.  Entering it manually will work via the service page in the WHMCS admin.   Automatically would depend on where that information is stored, if there is a current server module, etc.  For example, I would use a server / provisioning module that connects to the stock control in use during the _createaccount() function, saves the custom fields with that information.  Again, how you get the stock control is dependent on your use case.  If you do not have one, then an addon module could be used for that.  Or you could use products themselves for each phone type and use the basic stock control option for that product. 

Could you provide more info on how the custom fields wouldn't work for you? 

Steven99, thanks for your reply.

I got what you say, but basically I don't like how info is showed and treated. An IP phone would be an "add on" to the product (virtual pbx), so is like an optional on how many phones customer wants with that pbx. Using custom fields is limited on format info it support (I want like a table), and it need to be variable depending on how many phones customer wants.

Based on image attached, I really would like have something on a simple view like this one, and on "Addons" section (marked in red) I really would like to have a table, one line per phone with all the info there in one view. 

image.thumb.png.d43fcfd669f17ef1c8762a075da60d08.png

Regards on how info is completed I liked your idea. I can have a table or another DB (what do you recommend?) with phones in stock, and the info NEEDS to be completed manually. choosing phones available on stock table/db. So in that case I would need to create a provision/server module right?

And I need to "talk" with db with this right? https://developers.whmcs.com/advanced/db-interaction/

But how to modify Admin Area (and client area too) to show that kind of table? Could that be possible?

Again, thanks in advance!