Client login and forgot password feature not working

Hello,

When trying to login as client through 'mywebsitesite/whmcs/clientarea.php' even when using the correct password, clients are unable to login.

1.PNG.9e0e2ab88808e7b6d137cc900749ae30.PNG

Also when using forgot password function, and submitting email, the page loads, and noting happens.  As per email log there is no forgot password email sent.

Only way the client can login is by using Modal login function through the frontend of 'mywebsite/'

I am unable do diagnose what the problem is? Running WHMCS Version: 7.7.1

• 2 weeks later...

i using latest whmcs version - 7.7.1

default template  - six

save session path - is ok  in php 7.3

system is working fine but after reset password and inter new password ..., after logout , password is not work!

other issues!

when admin send user and password to client , but client can not logged into customer area!

i turn on ERROR log and error reporting in whmcs and php ..but does not show any error 

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Technical Analyst II

I'd make sure that the WHMCS system URL under Setup > General Settings > General tab is set correctly (as a redirect in the login cause result in this) and that there are no custom php.ini files in your website (which can break PHP sessions and cause this as well). If you continue to have issues with this, please feel free to open a support ticket and we will be able to investigate this further.