Associating anonymous tickets with an account

oi873

We allow anonymous/new people to email our support@ address.  It's useful in many ways and leads to sales.

When this happens, there's usually one or more tickets with a given email address BEFORE such time as they create an account.  After they create their account, new tickets are associated with their account of course.  But I want to link the old ones.

What is the best way to do that? 

I guess ideally it would be automatic during account creation that a search is perormed for tickets matching the same email address, and they're associated with the account.  But that isn't happening.  So I want to do it manually.

I thought about marcing their pre-account tickets together, with eachother, and with their oldest ticket created with their account active.  But my experience before is that after the merge it's the details of the oldest ticket that prevail, and I don't want that.

What is the cleanest way to accomplish this?

Hi oi873,   If You want To combine Old Ticket After Registrations. But As  I Don't Know about This ( I Thinks not possible on whmcs) But I give You one Suggestion Please Enable Must Registration Before Create Ticket for Prevent Spam, And If You really want to do this Then use Other HelpDesk Software.

8 hours ago, Shivansh said:

But I give You one Suggestion Please Enable Must Registration Before Create Ticket for Prevent Spam,

That defeats his purpose for allowing tickets to be created without registration per his first sentence in the post.

An addon or even a hook would be needed to search the database, tbltickets table, for tickets with the account email and edit the ticket to assign to that account.  No built in way beyond going to each ticket and manually assigning it via the options tab.