HTML Email Issues

Nevada

Hello, 

Sorry I'm back again with another question. When I last used WHMCS a few years back the email templates allowed me to add HTML code for my emails. I've coded a basic html email with tables and stuff however in the latest version of WHMCS it allows me to add my code but it keeps removing all the HTML parts and just keeping the 'tables'. This makes my emails all off centre and not look anything like it does when I open the HTML file in my browser. any help would be great!

Many thanks!

On 02/03/2019 at 10:10, Nevada said:

Sorry I'm back again with another question. When I last used WHMCS a few years back the email templates allowed me to add HTML code for my emails. I've coded a basic html email with tables and stuff however in the latest version of WHMCS it allows me to add my code but it keeps removing all the HTML parts and just keeping the 'tables'. This makes my emails all off centre and not look anything like it does when I open the HTML file in my browser. any help would be great!

WHMCS has this annoying habit (and has for years) of changing < to &lt; and > to &gt; - which is a slight handicap when trying to add <html> to the template! 🙂

as steven says, first choice is to see if you can get the code entered via the Source Code popup window - if so, then you're good to go.

if not and WHMCS is still altering the code (and i've seen it do that with Smarty code even entered via the source code popup!), then the next option would be to enter the code directly into the tblemailtemplates table, e.g via phpmyadmin or similar... the downside to doing this (though it's not much of a negative from my pov as I do this myself) is that you can never edit *this* template again via WHMCS (at least until this issue is fixed - which at best is 3 months away, but probably years)... because as soon as you do, it will change < and > as outlined above and you'll be back to square one. 🙄