Price Formatter Issue in Email Templates

I added the price formatter code in the invoice email template (eg: Invoice Reminder) to display the numeric value only. When this code is applied, the entire email loses HTML formatting and is being sent as a plain text email.

Code I used is:

{$invoice_balance->toNumeric()}

What can I do to retain the HTML format of the email while displaying the numeric value as I am using it to build a link without the currency code inside the email.

On 08/02/2019 at 12:11, Outpower Hosting said:

I added the price formatter code in the invoice email template (eg: Invoice Reminder) to display the numeric value only. When this code is applied, the entire email loses HTML formatting and is being sent as a plain text email.

this is a long-standing bug/issue where the WHMCS email template editor tries to change > to > - even if you're using the source code popup window, it can still do it... 🙄

On 08/02/2019 at 12:11, Outpower Hosting said:

What can I do to retain the HTML format of the email while displaying the numeric value as I am using it to build a link without the currency code inside the email.

two thoughts...

firstly, edit the email template directly in phpmyadmin or similar - that will bypass the WHMCS editor... though if you go down this road, you will have to continue editing the template in the future directly, because the minute you try to edit it in WHMCS, it will make the > to > change again (until this issue is resolved).

the other way would be to abandon using toNumeric and just use a Smarty replace (or multiple replaces)...

{$invoice_balance|replace:'$':''|replace:'₹':''}