IonCube Encoder optimum settings

punkstar69

Question

I recently devleoped a module for my own usage. 
Opensource version of it works just fine (it contains a simple hook that is exectued upon every visit). But when I do encrypt the code using IonCube loaders, the hook is not executed.

I tried running the encoded version of the script on another host of mine, and it worked!
Then I came back to the first host and tried to understand why this happens, even if they do use the same PHP handler and the same loaders, but I was unable to understand it.

I was wondering if based on your related experiences, you've found any special PHP configuration things that I should compare between those machines and could cause such an incident?

2 answers to this question

With ioncube encoder, it encodes for PHP 5.6 to 7.0 and 7.1 and you have to set which one to encode for.  I think the default is 7.1 and up.  With that in mind, on the install that does not work does the PHP version match the encoding?   Have not seen any issues beyond that with encoding and WHMCS. 

You have to look at your error_log to see what's the problem. If it doesn't work because of «This file was encoded with ionCube... and can't work on this version...» etc. then you're using the wrong encoding. Maybe you encoded your software with ionCube 7.2 but your server runs 5.6. That said you have to option:

• Use the right encoding
  • Use Bundle encoding like WHMCS does but it sucks  because it produces bigger files and scripts run slightly slower
Edited by Kian