custom contact form?

Remitur

There're various threads, previously posted in this community, about creating custom contact forms in WHMCS, with custom fields or others requirements.

The only proposed fixing are:

• manage contact form as ticket in a specific deptm with custom fields
  • or create your own contact.php page

Just an idea, that I was not able to understand if doable or not (smarty is definitely not a great friend of mine): so, here I am to ask...

In contact.tpl there's just one text variable which includes the message from the customer, and which will be returned to the encrypted contact.php:

<div class="form-group col-lg-12">
				<label for="inputMessage">{$LANG.contactmessage}</label>
				<textarea name="message" rows="10" class="form-control" id="inputMessage">{$message}</textarea>
			</div>
[...]							
			<div class="form-group col-lg-12">
				<button type="submit" class="btn btn-success btn-lg"><i class="fa fa-send"></i>{$LANG.contactsend}</button>
			</div>

I could easily add further fields in smarty forms, but the contents will be lost.

But... does exist any way to modify the "message" variable just before submit?

If it's possible, I could edit it concatenating to it the strings of further variables... and so getting a single string which includes all the custom fields I can add to the form...

(I did few tests, but just collecting different kinds of errors, without getting any real result... 😟 )

4 hours ago, Remitur said:

Just an idea, that I was not able to understand if doable or not (smarty is definitely not a great friend of mine): so, here I am to ask...

I think Smarty is irrelevant in this situation...

I could easily add further fields in smarty forms, but the contents will be lost.

But... does exist any way to modify the "message" variable just before submit?

I might suggest Googling javascript and concatenating form fields / textareas and seeing where that gets you. 🙂

If it's possible, I could edit it concatenating to it the strings of further variables... and so getting a single string which includes all the custom fields I can add to the form...

I don't particularly see the point of this, except as a theoretical programming exercise, when you might as well just use the support ticket option... whatever you merge is going to be sent in the email to the customer anyway.