How To Create A Custom Page in Admin?

craigedmonds

I am running an agency and want to add a new page and a tab within the client admin section (clientssummary.php) and that page will contain various fields.

The fields will not use the WHMCS custom client fields as I will store and display that data from a custom table.

So when I load clientssummary.php I need to see a new tab called "Facebook Settings" and I will add a bunch of form fields which will save the data to custom table. I will then be able to create a client side page to display the checklist/data.

Any tutorials out there?

There might be a hook that isn't documented for the tabs, however, I do know it right off.  What you could use is the AdminAreaClientSummaryActionLinks hook that is used to add links to the list of links on the right .  In that link, use onclick javascript and call a function that you returned in AdminAreaClientSummaryPage hook.  That javascript function then displays a modal to do the facebook settings.   Or you could use AdminAreaClientSummaryPage and javascript and perhaps add to the tabs list . 

10 hours ago, steven99 said:

There might be a hook that isn't documented for the tabs, however, I do know it right off.  What you could use is the AdminAreaClientSummaryActionLinks hook that is used to add links to the list of links on the right .  In that link, use onclick javascript and call a function that you returned in AdminAreaClientSummaryPage hook.  That javascript function then displays a modal to do the facebook settings.   Or you could use AdminAreaClientSummaryPage and javascript and perhaps add to the tabs list . 

Thanks Steve I will try that.

in addition to what steven99 says, don't forget that the summary page is one of the few in the admin area that has an editable Smarty template - so instead of creating a new tab, you could add it to the Summary page itself (depending on amount of info to be shown).... the SummaryPage hook will output content in a specific location; by editing the template, you can put the content wherever you like... if you need to pass variables to the template, you could use an AdminAreaPage hook.

failing that, there are the AdminClientProfileTabFields (+Save) hooks that might be of use if you can put this information in the profile tab (rather than creating a new Facebook tab).