Client status displays inactive despite having an active product

john_d13

Hello,

I have a situation where a client ordered a free trial package which auto terminated after 7 days.  He then ordered and paid for a product which paid and active under products and services.  However, when I view the aggregated client list the status is displayed as "inactive".  Is this the expected behaviour ?   IMO it should still be showing active. 

In Automation Settings, which option have you selected for "Client Status Update" ?

Status Update

Any client account with no products, addons or domains active will have their account automatically set to Inactive by the cron job. This does not stop the user logging in, opening a ticket or paying any due invoices.

This can be further extended to include clients who have not logged in to the client area for three months, or it can be switched off entirely via Setup > Automation Settings.

An active product or addon is defined as being in Active or Suspended state. An active domain is Active or Pending-Transfer.

Should the client purchase a product domain or addon, then on the next cron run, their status would automatically be set to Active again. The Status Update checkbox can be ticked to prevent the client's status from being changed automatically and remain at the current value.

since the product was paid and active, has your cron ran ?

Thanks for your reply Brian!

I have this setting enabled: Change client status based on active/inactive products

Here is another example of active/inactive status.  Client terminated two products, none active but the status still shows "active" even after running the cron.  See attachment.

11.png

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 22/05/2020 at 15:36, megabry said:

I also just found a client who has active products, cron job has run, and they were still stuck as inactive.   Sounds like a bug.

what version are you using ? there was a supposed bug fix in v7.10.2

CORE-14548 - Ensure clients are correctly observed as active during ClientStatusSync

• 7 months later...
21 hours ago, benneth said:

All of my packages in WHM are sync'd as products in WHMCS... and, my client websites and email are working...... BUT all of my accounts show as "INACTIVE".

is the automation setting enabled to change the status based on active products in the account ?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Client_Status_Update

Yes I believe so Brian.

Funny thing is that I've never once set a product "termination date", yet after migrating from SiteGround to InMotion, a bunch of my clients were assigned termination dates automatically. Have you encountered anything like this?

WHMCS even deleted 4-5 of the clients before I caught on to this termination date... had to re-migrate the sites, which was a bit of a nuisance.

SG Migration Thread (in case you were interested in what's going on with SG/WHMCS):

• 2 years later...