Discount for Bulk Orders

Hi, is it possible to apply a certain discount for bulk Addon orders?

For instance I have a shared hosting product addon that allows the client to select how many mailboxes they want to add to their order but if, for instance, they select more than 10 mailboxes I'd like to apply a 50% discount. Is this possible?

Hi Mark,

10 hours ago, markc said:

Hi, is it possible to apply a certain discount for bulk Addon orders?

through admin configuration settings, not really.

10 hours ago, markc said:

For instance I have a shared hosting product addon that allows the client to select how many mailboxes they want to add to their order but if, for instance, they select more than 10 mailboxes I'd like to apply a 50% discount. Is this possible?

if they're selecting quantities, that sounds more like configurable options to me rather than product addons...

nNFL487.png

if so, i'd be tempted to switch from unlimited quantities to using a dropdown and specifying blocks of mailboxes (e.g 1 Mailbox, 3 Mailboxes, 5, 10, 20 etc whatever) instead - then you could price each option independently (with your discount included in the price) and the cart would use the discounted price for that fixed quantity.

if they really are product addons you are using, then you could probably use one of the cart pricing override / adjustment hooks to recalculate the discounted price.... a long-winded way might be to combine product bundles with a promo code to apply the discount on the bundle, but from a customer interaction point of view that could be a pain for them to do...

a possibly better option might be to use ModulesGarden''s Discount Center addon module as that can discount on quantity of products/domains/addons (not configurable options) - you may be able to get a 7-day trial version from them.

Thank you brian!  Hmm, I am using Configurable Options and not Addons. Your suggestion of using a Dropdown is looking much better as now I can add discounted pricing for each increasing number of services. It's cumbersome and tedious adding so many dropdown menu options but at least it's possible. I'm looking at 1-50 items x 5 services so adding 250 different prices will take... awhile 🙂

I'm probably fighting against the expected multiple products to chose from but I'd like to try a "Pay as you go" system where there is just a single base plan and EVERYTHING else is just a mix of multiple services on top of that single base product. I'm not sure how an "upgrade" would work if the client wants, say, just an extra mailbox or three. I'll know soon I guess when I test it out.

So a kind of related question, is there any "trick" to detect the payment method and add a surcharge automatically? For instance I'd like to encourage clients to use Paypal so adding a surcharge of $20/yr if they select ie; Direct bank deposit would be great. I can make it a pre-selected option during signup (so they have to specifically select the Paypal option to remove the surcharge) but I'd like to try and enforce it even if they change the payment option in their profile or even while viewing their invoice. Is there a possible hook for something like that perhaps?

On 18/01/2019 at 09:33, markc said:

I'm probably fighting against the expected multiple products to chose from but I'd like to try a "Pay as you go" system where there is just a single base plan and EVERYTHING else is just a mix of multiple services on top of that single base product. I'm not sure how an "upgrade" would work if the client wants, say, just an extra mailbox or three. I'll know soon I guess when I test it out.

sounds like your looking for Configurable Options upgrades....

With the configurable options upgrade configuration, this allows your clients to upgrade or downgrade the configurable option selections you offer on the product. You do not need to specify any further configuration for this - by simply ticking the box the upgrade options will be shown to the client in the client area. The upgrade price for configurable options are calculated in exactly the same was products described above.

WHMCS wouldn't provision the changes automatically (unless you bought the Configurable Package addon), but it will take the payment etc and you can provision the changes manually if you prefer.

On 18/01/2019 at 09:33, markc said:

So a kind of related question, is there any "trick" to detect the payment method and add a surcharge automatically? For instance I'd like to encourage clients to use Paypal so adding a surcharge of $20/yr if they select ie; Direct bank deposit would be great. I can make it a pre-selected option during signup (so they have to specifically select the Paypal option to remove the surcharge) but I'd like to try and enforce it even if they change the payment option in their profile or even while viewing their invoice. Is there a possible hook for something like that perhaps?

there are a few Gateway Fees addon modules in Marketplace...

if you aren't using PHP7 in your WHMCS installation, then you could probably still use the free Gateway Fees addon posted on GitHub - I tested it a few months ago for another thread and it still works fine in v7.6.1, but because it uses old MySQL code, it's not compatible with PHP7 (where those SQL functions have been removed).

its probably worth noting that imposing such surcharges might be illegal to EU customers...

... though I suppose that wouldn't apply to bank transfers - but i'm not an EU lawyer, so don't quote me on that! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED with many thanks to brian! for his excellent suggestions. I settled on the layout in the attached screenshot and upgrades/downgrades of individual services seems to work but there is no way to auto provision anything. I don't use cPanel/WHM so I have to set things up manually because if a client adds or removes a mailbox unit how would I know what email address the addition or removal applies to?... so I have to engage with the client to work those details out anyway. As for the other issue of encouraging Paypal payments, I will offer a discount for using Paypal rather than a surcharge for the other payment gateways (EU problem solved).

20190129_123232.jpg