Plesk Module is unable to UPDATE a product via 'Product Addon'

Hello guys,

Be advised! - This is NOT about 'Configurable options' which I see many confused with 'Product Addon'. Configurable Options is working just fine with Plesk for what it is for: Configure a service plan before you buy and provision it.

This is about 'Product Addon' which are used to UPGRADE an existing service plan after it has been sold and provisioned on the Plesk server.

We use the Plesk module to provision to our Plesk servers and it fails in a very bad way for us!

When we try to provision a Product Addon (an upgrade for disk space for instance) which match a Product Addon on the Plesk servers - it returns an error saying that "the domain is already created on the Plesk server"

Which means, that the Plesk module doesn't know that it was called from the Product Addon, to upgrade an existing service plan.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a product plan in WHMCS that match a product plan in Plesk.
1.1) The provisioning works fine, everyone is happy.

2) Create a Product Addon in WHMCS that match a product addon in Plesk, for instance to upgrade disk space
2.1) The provision do NOT work, it fails with domain already exist.

No one else have this issue? - Any work-arounds? We cross our fingers for a solutions, as we rather not want to make our own module to take 

Appreciate any pointers or help 🙂

/Rasmus

Hi Rasmus,

On 16/01/2019 at 12:31, Rasser said:

No one else have this issue? - Any work-arounds? We cross our fingers for a solutions, as we rather not want to make our own module to take 

Appreciate any pointers or help

i'm not a big Plesk user (and I rarely see Plesk questions here) so can't really answer your specific issue, but WHMCS wrote the Plesk module - therefore, if you're spotting a bug you should report it to them for evaluation... the chances are by posting this here, they may not see or respond to it.

if you got your license direct from WHMCS, you should be able to report a bug using the Bug Report.

if you got your license from elsewhere, then you should be able to access Reseller Support and open a support ticket - there would be no need to login... the link to the Bug Report in the reseller support section just points to the members page, so just open a ticket and see what they say.

Hi Brain,

Appreciate that you replied to my post!

Thing is that I posted a bug report to the WHMCS team the same time as I posted here - and they confirmed that it's not a bug (God knows why)

Apparently WHMCS/Plesk users have to handle upgrade orders manually, even though Plesk is build to make these upgrades - and that is perfectly alright according to them.

So we will have to make our own Plesk Module to fully automate the customer orders for upgrades.

On 18/01/2019 at 14:41, Rasser said:

Thing is that I posted a bug report to the WHMCS team the same time as I posted here - and they confirmed that it's not a bug (God knows why)

aaahh, you've been caught out by the WHMCS definition of 'bug'... basically, it's when WHMCS (software) does something that WHMCS (company) hasn't designed it to do - or I guess doesn't do something that it has designed it to do.

Apparently WHMCS/Plesk users have to handle upgrade orders manually, even though Plesk is build to make these upgrades - and that is perfectly alright according to them.

there you go - WHMCS intentionally haven't added such automation for Plesk users, and so it's working as they intend - hence, it's not a bug in their eyes... doesn't help you and your situation, but that's the internal logic that the WHMCS team work under.

So we will have to make our own Plesk Module to fully automate the customer orders for upgrades.

Plesk have their own open-source WHMCS module on GitHub which might give you a starting point with your own WHMCS module (I don't know if its the same as the one shipped with WHMCS but it was last updated 4 months ago).

it might also be worth asking in the Plesk forums about this as there may be more WHMCS Plesk users / developers there than here... though there's nothing to stop existing Plesk users, who know of a solution or further advice, responding to this thread if they wish to. 🙂

Thanks Brian,

As it turned out, we were able to use Configurable options to upgrade products anyway! - I never noticed this option before (and WHMCS didn't adwise in that direction) but in the products upgrade tab, you can tick: "Tick this box to allow Upgrading/Downgrading of configurable options" - Which provides the upgrade options for the customers and automation / provisioning via the normal plesk module.

Thanks for your support here.