Server was just upgrded to PHP 7.2 - Daily Cron not working

We just upgraded to PHP 7.2   Had a few problems such as forgot to install ion cube but still having a few problems.
We had to change the system cron from php -q /home/our/path/cron.php to /usr/local/bin/ea-php72 -q /home/our/path/cron.php. Also made a similar change on the Domain Sync Cron. These appear to be working now.  The daily Cron does not work. I am showing as error " The system cron does not appear to have completed successfully within the last 24 hours."  Normally I get a WHMCS Cron Job activity report each night but that has not happened after the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Dale

I do finally have the crons working. I also change the PHP version to 7.0 and the site is working OK.  It has run for 24 hours with everything working. (It wouldn't work on 7.0 earlier)  I have now again tried 7.2 and everything appears to be working. Thanks you all for the help. I will try to keep you informed.

I hope you all will be able to see my messages soon. It appears my posts are hidden for quite a while after I post.

Thanks

Dale

Reset it to PHP 72 again.  It appears the 72 has the same settings as 71.  The documentation I found says it should have GD2 and PDO_MYSQL installed.  I can't find these in either 70 or 72.  When running 70 everything works. when running 72 I get the error " The system cron does not appear to have completed successfully within the last 24 hours."   The activity log has entries showing that processes are running. I get messages such as " Automated Task: Starting Domain Expiry" and many others but I don't get the usual email showing what activities took place.  

I am now seeing the following message in the activity log:

" Exception: InvalidArgumentException: Query string must not include a URI fragment in /home/whmcs/public_html/whmcs/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/Uri.php:386 Stack trace: #0 /home/whmcs/public_html/whmcs/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/ServerRequestFactory.php(280): Zend\Diactoros\Uri->withQuery('language=french...') #1 /home/whmcs/public_html/whmcs/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/ServerRequestFactory.php(66): Zend\Diactoros\ServerRequestFactory::marshalUriFromServer(Array, Array) #2 /home/whmcs/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Http/Message/ServerRequest.php(0): Zend\Diactoros\ServerRequestFactory::fromGlobals(Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array) #3 /home/whmcs/public_html/whmcs/index.php(0): WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest::fromGlobals() #4 {main}"

I have no idea what that is.