Delayed Ticket Reply

yggdrasil

I know nobody from WHMCS is going to read this but I think a nice feature for ticket replies would be a delayed feature. Similar to how Outlook can delay emails.

Imagine the scenario on which you reply a sales ticket outside of business hour or a weekend. Instead of the customers receiving the email and ticket reply immediately (could be annoying for some people), you could schedule it to be delayed until a specific time. For example in for Monday at 7:00 AM. You type the ticket reply, hit delay button, set the time/date and click Reply.

As far as the staff concerns, the ticket is now replied but the on the customer side, they don't get the reply and email until that specific time. This would allow them to receive it on business hour for example and also give the impression it was replied on business hours while maybe you did it Sunday at 11 PM.

I had the same exact idea years ago. We are both evil 😈

Anyway it's doable using TicketAdminReply to detect and hide the response based on your custom rules (e.g. people from Italy automatically get delayed replies), EmailPreSend to suppress the email notification, PreCronJob to "publish" the ticket with SendEmail API to send the notification we've previosuly aborted. We can make it seem more natural by automatically publishing hidden replies not on fixed times but something like H:M:S where H, M and S vary between a certain number of hours.

I support this request 👍 I don't wanna code it myself

Edited by Kian