How to Charge Full Amount on Upgrade WHMCS 2018

I want to be able to charge Full Amount on Upgrade and also be able to upgrade same plan from monthly to annually. When my customer selects to upgrade his current plan he is not able to select the same plan to upgrade from month to month to annually. That plan is not available in the "upgrades" tab when I edit the product.

I would like to offer a Black Friday coupon that they can use only when they upgrade to our annual plan, but apparently that is not possible. Please help.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, ocastaned said:

I want to be able to charge Full Amount on Upgrade and also be able to upgrade same plan from monthly to annually.

out of the box, neither would really be possible.

Charging the full amount on upgrade has a 4-year old feature request, so who knows if/when WHMCS are going to add the feature... you might be able to use a OrderProductUpgradeOverride hook to override the upgrade calculation value - but there is a fundamental problem with dates that i'll come to later that would have to be overcome.

When my customer selects to upgrade his current plan he is not able to select the same plan to upgrade from month to month to annually. That plan is not available in the "upgrades" tab when I edit the product.

that's the problem - there's no way to include the existing product as an upgrade option from the admin area... you could allow it by directly editing the tblproduct_upgrade_products database table and adding the product to the original product. (though remember to never save settings on the product setup admin page if you do, because it will reapply only those highlighted upgrade products to the database table, overwriting your changes...

iAdqmjS.png

... and then upgrading the same product (e.g change billingcycle) would become available on the upgrade page...

HX8gFw9.png

... however, there are three immediate problems...

1. the upgrade page doesn't know the billing cycle for the current product - but it knows the service ID, so you could get the cycle with a basic hook that queries the tblhosting table to get it.
  2. because it doesn't know the cycle, you can't remove that cycle option from the dropdown (e.g there's no point upgrading monthly -> monthly) - though you know you can get the value from the above hook, and then remove that cycle option from the array.
  3. upgrading does NOT change the next due date - so changing from Monthly to Annually won't change the date... that would either have to be changed manually, or anther hook would be required to update the database table following invoice payment or order approval.

With the automated upgrading & downgrading features in WHMCS, your clients can upgrade or downgrade the products and packages they have with you from the client area. When they place an upgrade or downgrade order, they will be refunded what they haven't used of the current cycle on the existing product/service and then charged for the remainder of the cycle at the new product/services price. The next due date doesn't change.

other than not changing the due date, the upgrade process will change the billing cycle and recurring price of the service... so a renewal invoice will still generate upon that date, but would charge at the upgraded cycle and price.

I would like to offer a Black Friday coupon that they can use only when they upgrade to our annual plan, but apparently that is not possible.

you could sort of do it with the above changes... and you could give them a promo code that could discount the upgrade cost (but only by a fixed amount or percentage) - if you could use a price override, then that might solve the first issue of full charging, but I don't think that you can with upgrades.

seeing as you want to do this quickly, you might be better off looking at ModulesGarden's Hosting Renewals addon (25% discount code posted here) as I believe that can do what you want to do - though i'm unsure how the addon handles promotions, so you may need to check with MG before remaking any purchase... unless you sneakily just buy/try it for 7 days to get you through your BF promotion! 😎

ModulesGarden Hosting Renewals For WHMCS is an extraordinarily useful module that will empower your clients to handle billing cycles and recurring payments in aspects never before manageable. In essence, they will be allowed to toggle automatic renewals, but also renew services before the due date as well as freely alter the billing cycle of any owned product.

With but a few clicks, you will perform every key action on as many products at once as needed. The module will allow you to select available billing cycles, and then combine them with specified discounts to be applied in the process of a cycle switch. In addition, you will get the chance to decide whether a domain and addons should be renewed upon the renewal of a service they belong to, or even force the execution of such operations when required. Last but not least, you will be able to compose and send customized email notifications to remind your clients about any upcoming renewals.