Add tax and totals to client email templates

Amcom

Thanks in advance for any help.
Here is my question. How do I add the TAX & TOTAL amounts also the next due date should be 2019 NOT 2018. I don't see any short code in the email template area for TAX or TOTAL amounts.

etc: {$domain_tax_amount} or {$domain_total_amount}

See the attached image.
===================================
Here is my template code below.

Dear {$client_name},

Thank you for your domain renewal order. Your domain renewal request for the domain listed below has now been completed.

Domain: {$domain_name}
Renewal Length: {$domain_reg_period}
Renewal Price: {$domain_recurring_amount}
Next Due Date: {$domain_next_due_date}

You may login to your client area at {$whmcs_url} to manage your domain.

{$signature}

====================================
Here is the ORG email below.

Dear Client,

This message is to confirm that your domain purchase has been successful. The details of the domain purchase are below:

Registration Date: 11/18/2018
Domain: xyz-xyz-xyz.tld
Registration Period: 1 Year/s
Amount: $12.95 USD
Next Due Date: 11/18/2018

You may login to your client area at https://zyx.tld/ to manage your new domain.

Thank you for your business,

This is an Automated Generated Email:
Any Questions Contact:
Sales & Support105798260_DomainReg..thumb.jpg.2da0ab8d3a102d30e0981a039c56054b.jpg

27 minutes ago, Amcom said:

How do I add the TAX & TOTAL amounts also the next due date should be 2019 NOT 2018. I don't see any short code in the email template area for TAX or TOTAL amounts.

out of the box you couldn't do it - without additional coding, you could only use the variables already available to the template... you might be able to calculate the tax in the template if you had to (with difficulty though), but usually you'd be looking at writing a hook that would either calculate it or pull the value from an invoice table.

generally speaking, the order confirmation templates don't include any invoicing variables - and tax would really be an invoicing variable.

Thanks Brian for the reply.  I would think WHMCS would fix this.  It is odd to give the client one amount in an email then invoice them for another amount. I wish I was a coder then I could fix some of the short comings with WHMCS.  I hope someone in the community has come up with a work around for this.  I have already search the forums but with no luck.

Did you see the last PM I sent you?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a fix to adding tax to the amount?

The Invoices are sent with Tax, However the "Domain Renewal Confirmation" does not display Tax.

Reference:

Email Templates
Domain Renewal Confirmation
Renewal Price: {$domain_recurring_amount}

Email Templates
Domain Registration Confirmation
Amount: {$domain_first_payment_amount}