Cancellation form

Codge

Currently I have the cancellation link in the client dashboard, but would like to ask more questions then the normal 'why are leaving us' text box. 

Preferably have a notice asking if the user has put in a ticket for support 'yes or no' radio buttons (required) then the community why they're leaving us. I've started to notice users just putting a period in the reason community and cancelling. (which is their right, I'd just like to have more a reason of the cancellation). 

Thanks!

On 17/11/2018 at 03:39, Codge said:

Preferably have a notice asking if the user has put in a ticket for support 'yes or no' radio buttons (required) then the community why they're leaving us. I've started to notice users just putting a period in the reason community and cancelling. (which is their right, I'd just like to have more a reason of the cancellation). 

if ever there was a better example of the silly insistence here of automatically renaming certain words in posts to "community", then I can't think of one - it makes the above sentence almost meaningless as I can't think which word(s) the OP were trying to use that have now been changed to community. 🙄

On 17/11/2018 at 03:39, Codge said:

Currently I have the cancellation link in the client dashboard, but would like to ask more questions then the normal 'why are leaving us' text box. 

quick answer would be to try to work with what's already there, rather than add new features... so one option would be to change the "Briefly Describe your reason for Cancellation" text to something else - perhaps specifically asking if they've opened a ticket etc... that could be done using a Language Overrides.

additionally, you could make the textarea a required field and add a minimum reply length requirement (e.g 30 characters) to prevent them just using a period in the reply... that's either two basic HTML changes to the clientareacancelrequest.tpl or a JavaScript hook.

if you go down the road of adding a radio button etc to the form, then you're then going to need to store the value in the database, and likely include it in the cancellation email template too - either of which would require hooks to be written... it's simple enough to add elements to the form, but WHMCS won't be expecting them and so needs to know they are there and what to do with them.