List of random VAT Numbers

Kian

My question could be a bit off-topic but I'll give a try.

Probably 90% of pre-sales questions we receive is about live demos (we develop WHMCS modules). We have multiple dev-installations of WHMCS we use to provide such demos but they're not enough. Moreover we constantly need to drop & recreate the entire database to prepare the demo for the next client. That said, finally we've almost finished developing a system that allows us to automate the entire process (this is how it works if you are interested).

Now I'm completing the script that populates WHMCS with realistic data everytime a visitor requests a demo. I've already managed to create 520 randomly generated identities from tens of countries each one with invoices, products, domains, payments etc. The problem is that I need to transform 40% of my EU-profiles as companies with real VAT numbers. At the moment I'm using VAT numbers of popular brands (eg. Ferrari, Juventus, Air France, Amazon...) but at this rate I'll need centuries to get 200+ real VAT Numbers.

Is there a service or a website from which I can download tons of real European VAT Numbers?

Edited by Kian

1 hour ago, Kian said:

Is there a service or a website from which I can download tons of real European VAT Numbers?

the only vaguely related list that i'm aware of is the test result list from a js VAT format validator script..

https://www.braemoor.co.uk/software/vattestx.php

.. there's probably 1000+ valid (in a format sense) VAT numbers listed there... though i'd recommend clicking the links of any that you intend to use just to double-check that they're currently being used by a business.