Hide Marketconnect SSL upsell banner

bigsean

Hi,

We sell the RapidSSL and RapidSSL Wildcard certificates.  I've enabled the client area homepage banner to show the RapidSSL banner however if they already have this then there is an 'upsell' banner for Wildcard.  How can I hide the Wildcard upsell banner.  I just don't want the customer to see the Wildcard SSL upgrade banner.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, bigsean said:

How can I hide the Wildcard upsell banner. 

first option would be to open a ticket with Support to double-check that there isn't a way to do this from settings - off-hand, I don't think that you can, but they should know the settings better than me!

second suggestion would be that you should be able to hide it via css (in /templates/six (or custom)/css/custom.css...

.promo-banner.ssl { display: none; }

but I suspect that might hide the SSL banner for everyone and not just the Wildcard version (which is not what you want - and even if it was, that you could do from the settings)... plus it adjusts the layout for the missing banner, which is not ideal either. 🙄

third option would be an action hook, but that could be absolutely horrendous because of the array's design (or lack of it!) - I suspect you might have to do a massive string replace in there to remove the banner.

basically, unless Support tell you this can be done via settings, I can't see any simple clean solutions to this...