Change URLs generated for clientareahome widgets

CodeCo

Heya everyone,

I'm currently working on cleaning up the URL structure to be a lot more SEO friendly (clientarea.php?action=services to /client/services). One issue I've come across is that I can't seem to find how I would go about changing the URL structure of generated URLs for things such as the recent tickets list within the client area home. 

For example, I need to change the links for the highlighted part in the following image from /viewticket.php?tid=441355&c=fOjtLlGW to /ticket/441355/fOjtLlGW.

TDCeExux.png

If someone could point me in the direction on how I could change URLs that WHMCS uses for the internally generated stuff, I'd greatly appreciate it.

On 24/10/2018 at 15:21, CodeCo said:

If someone could point me in the direction on how I could change URLs that WHMCS uses for the internally generated stuff, I'd greatly appreciate it.

with no access to the source code for these homepage panels, you effectively have two internal options - both using action hooks...

1. take the existing array, manipulate the URLs and return the array back to the template.
  2. recreate the panel from scratch - querying the database for the correct info and outputting it as you want it.

the choice really depends on what is easier for you - if you can manipulate the strings /viewticket.php?tid=441355&c=fOjtLlGW to /ticket/441355/fOjtLlGW via PHP, then loop through the array and just edit the existing panel URLs... if you can't, then create it from scratch by querying the tbltickets database table and creating the other variables... plenty examples of doing that in the community.

an example of looping through an existing panel array - in this case, Recent News...