MarketConnect Currency conversion not working properly!

Hello,

I am a shared hosting reseller of a larger hosting. I have enabled MarketConnect on my account. The moment I wanted to activate the SSL certificates option, it complained that my USD currency was not configured for the currency conversion to my default currency of ZAR(South African Rands).

So I went ahead and created the USD currency as an additional currency and tried to make sure that the currency exchange base conversion rate was correct but I got an error telling me that it failed to update. After some research, it turns out there was a hotfix released to fix  the problem and so I went ahead and applied the hotfix and retried the currency exchange update.

HotFix Applied
CORE-12694 - Update ECB Exchange Rates URL 1.0.0

This worked and set the currency base conversion rate values correctly.

When I then went back in to MarketConnect to activated the SSL certificates, it worked this time and activated the product successfully.

But when I went to check the pricing and what the recommended pricing was set to, it was WAAAAY too low. The base conversion rate currently stands at 0.07011 USD to ZAR. This is the correct base conversion rate. So if an SSL certificate has a recommended retail price of $17.95 then my recommended selling price should be +-R256 but the price that MarketConnect is calculating the conversion to is R1.24 which is GROSSLY too low.

PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT 
MarketConnect Calculations 
Currency Table
WHMCS Version: 7.6.1

NOW!! Here is the KICKER!!

I have an IDENTICAL copy of my production site database in a DEV environment. Maybe the files are different... I don't know but the two environments are the same version.  I literally made a copy of the database from production and imported it in to my dev environment and it is calculating everything perfectly...So this leaves me to suspect that there is some rogue file on my production environment causing the problem that is not on my dev environment.

DEV ENVIRONMENT 
MarketConnect Calculations 
Currency Table
WHMCS Version: 7.6.1

I would appreciate any assistance I can get at this stage as I am not able to sell these products to my clients until this is resolved.

Brett

Edited by bluesteam

For anyone ever having this problem.  This was cause by the USD conversion rate to be incorrect on the FIRST time the MarketConnect tried to perform the conversion.

If its incorrect the first time, and you proceed to remove the USD conversion rate and recreate it or change it, it won't matter to MarketConnect.  MarketConnect only checks once for your currency conversion rate and stores it.  The next time is just checks if USD exists but doesn't check the rate.

So to fix it:

1. Support deleted the USD currency we wanted to convert from
  2. Disabled MarketConnect. 
  3. Reconnected MarketConnect and allowed it to FAIL to clear it's stored cache of the currency conversion.
  4. Recreated the USD conversion currency
  5. Reconnected the MarketConnect to reset the conversion rate.
Edited by bluesteam

1 hour ago, bluesteam said:

If its incorrect the first time, and you proceed to remove the USD conversion rate and recreate it or change it, it won't matter to MarketConnect.  MarketConnect only checks once for your currency conversion rate and stores it.  The next time is just checks if USD exists but doesn't check the rate.

MarketConnect never ceases to surprise me. headshake.gif

anyway, thanks for updating the thread with the solution. thanks.png