No tax applied to downgrade refund.

Chris74

A client just upgraded his plan and was invoiced with VAT in the normal way. Then he decided to downgrade back again almost immediately. He was credited, as we have that option enabled in the settings. I checked his credits and noticed that the refund did not include VAT, so he was 20% out of pocket.

I also found this thread from 2014...

I don't know if this was fixed at some point and then re-introduced in a more recent version (I'm using 7.6.1) or whether WHMCS decided there was some reason not to include VAT on downgrades and didn't fix it.

Edited by Chris74

4 hours ago, Chris74 said:

I don't know if this was fixed at some point and then re-introduced in a more recent version (I'm using 7.6.1) or whether WHMCS decided there was some reason not to include VAT on downgrades and didn't fix it.

it's not mentioned in any of the Changelogs since the above post date, so this might be one to open a ticket with Support for confirmation either way and report back to the thread.

btw - with regards to the thread below, did the ResellerClub Tools addon update the existing client domain prices successfully ?