Custom order status columns?

VAUHosting

Hello All.

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the Custom order status page in order to display specific statuses. Currently you are forced to add the custom status you add to either "Pending, Active or Cancelled."

I have created a custom status called "Processing" and I need a way of adding this new status to the columns in order to assign custom statuses to it for example " Add to eclipse" is added to the "Add to Processing" column.  So when "Add to eclipse" is selected on the admin side as a current status it displays "Processing" on the client side.

Basically i have 4 custom statuses that are for Admin eyes only BUT need to reflect on the client service as "Processing" as all 4 statuses are "Stages" of the initial order setup process.

My thought was by adding a custom column to the custom order statuses page this would enable additional statuses to use a "Default" status on the client side.

If this isn't the case and anyone suggest a way or example of how i can achieve this?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

On 11/09/2018 at 11:13, VAUHosting said:

Currently you are forced to add the custom status you add to either "Pending, Active or Cancelled."

you don't have to add them to one of those categories.

I have created a custom status called "Processing" and I need a way of adding this new status to the columns in order to assign custom statuses to it for example " Add to eclipse" is added to the "Add to Processing" column.  So when "Add to eclipse" is selected on the admin side as a current status it displays "Processing" on the client side.

a few screenshots here wouldn't go amiss so I can picture what you're seeing... but generally Order Statuses are for admin use only...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Statuses

You can add any additional statuses that you want and these will then appear in the admin order details page as options for you to assign orders. The options you select allow you to determine how they are handled by the system.

clients don't get to see order statuses - if you're thinking of the Product/Services page, then they see something slightly different.

Basically i have 4 custom statuses that are for Admin eyes only BUT need to reflect on the client service as "Processing" as all 4 statuses are "Stages" of the initial order setup process.

it's not possible to do this from the admin settings - it was feature requested five years ago and it's still pending!

My thought was by adding a custom column to the custom order statuses page this would enable additional statuses to use a "Default" status on the client side.

if you're talking about the My P&S page, then you might be able to do it with a couple of action hooks, and possibly an additional structure tweak to one of the database tables... basically, that page is coded to only use one of 7 possible statuses ('Pending', 'Active', 'Suspended', 'Terminated', 'Cancelled', 'Fraud' and 'Completed') and so if you're going to add more statuses on top, then that's going to need additional coding.

Hi Brian. 

Yes my appologies. I meant the P&S Status on the client side. 

On the admin side whilst we process the order- we manually change the status of the "pending" order to the various statuses we need in order to process it.

However this mirrors on the client side as well. Ideally we need it to do the following: {if} {Status A} display {Processing} {/if} /{if} {Status B} display {Processing} {/if} / {if} {Status C} display {Processing} {/if} so on and so forth. 

I hope this makes a bit more sense?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

On 13/09/2018 at 20:02, VAUHosting said:

On the admin side whilst we process the order- we manually change the status of the "pending" order to the various statuses we need in order to process it.

and by doing that, you're changing the 'status' value in tblorders.

However this mirrors on the client side as well.

on the client side, they're seeing the 'domainstatus' value in tblhosting and those values are a choice of the list I gave previously - it's not pulling statuses from tblorders, so the client will never see those status options.

Ideally we need it to do the following: {if} {Status A} display {Processing} {/if} /{if} {Status B} display {Processing} {/if} / {if} {Status C} display {Processing} {/if} so on and so forth. 

the problem is that the Statuses A, B or C aren't passed to the template (because they're effectively admin use only).

I hope this makes a bit more sense?

from the outside it does, but making it work might take multiple hooks - even if you purely edited the database table directly, you would still need to use a hook on the services page (I think you'd have to do that even if you bypassed messing with the database)... then you'd have to edit the sidebar with a hook, then there's the product details page to consider... and also css changes to accommodate the new statuses and how to output them... so it's a lot more involved than just a simple {if} statement. 🙂