support emails not forwarded to department email

kingsce1

3 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

I don't follow. Where do you expect to receive the notifications?

i expect to receive notifications in support@mydomain.com when a support ticket is opened instead of the admin email....eg I have a billing department with billing@mydomain.com assigned to that department and also a support department with support@mydomian.com..... so when a ticket is opened to the billing department, i expect to get a notification in billing@mydomain.com..... but i always get notifications  in the admin email when a ticket is opened to either support or billing...hope you get me now

On 9/8/2018 at 2:54 AM, kingsce1 said:

i expect to receive notifications in support@mydomain.com when a support ticket is opened instead of the admin email....eg I have a billing department with billing@mydomain.com assigned to that department and also a support department with support@mydomian.com..... so when a ticket is opened to the billing department, i expect to get a notification in billing@mydomain.com..... but i always get notifications  in the admin email when a ticket is opened to either support or billing...hope you get me now

This is related to how you have setup your email account to work with WHMCS. Is support@mydomain.com a real email IMAP/POP account or do you have it as an alias to pipe messages to WHMCS directly? You will need to setup the email account on your server to do both actions for incoming messages. That means deliver the message normally to the account but also pipe to WHMCS.

Edited by yggdrasil

4 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

This is related to how you have setup your email account to work with WHMCS. Is support@mydomain.com a real email IMAP/POP account or do you have it as an alias to pipe messages to WHMCS directly? You will need to setup the email account on your server to do both actions for incoming messages. That means deliver the message normally to the account but also pipe to WHMCS.

yhh they are real emails 

On 9/10/2018 at 7:34 AM, kingsce1 said:

yhh they are real emails 

I don't understand exactly your problem. WHMCS does not provide email services. If you create an email account on support@example.com on your server, you will get messages there. If you are not getting messages in that email account, then its a problem with your email server, not WHMCS. You then just connect WHMCS to that email account in order to receive the messages in your support department. WHMCS will notify the admin or any other staff person when a new ticket is received, but the real email messages will still be delivered to support@. Why would like to be notified on support@ of a new ticket when you are getting the real original emails here already? So you would like to receive the email on support@ and besides that also receive another second email that notifies you about the first one? That makes no sense.

Edited by yggdrasil

On 9/12/2018 at 1:11 AM, kingsce1 said:

good...the problem is that the real email is not delivered to support@... I only get the notifications at the admin email and thats it....... hope you get me now 

You will not get notifications at that email account because emails on that account will create a ticket on your WHMCS department, assuming its configured correctly. You will get the original email (ticket) from the person that sends it. If WHMCS was creating a notification on that email account besides the original email (ticket), WHMCS would open a second ticket for that notification which is not what anyone wants as it will cause a loop.

If you want support@ to create a second email to any other account, you can, just add an alias/redirection on your email server to another email account. You cannot get notifications on support@ because it would loop in your installation forever. That would be a mess. If you get a ticket on support@ and WHMCS then creates a notification again on support@, this notification now opens a second ticket on your WHMCS and now WHMCS creates again a new notification for this ticket on support@ which creates again a ticket and another notification until your email server crashes and you have 100,000 tickets in your installation. I hope you understand the problem. If you are creating notifications on support@ it will create a new ticket. WHMCS creates a ticket for every single message you receive on support@. You don't want to create anything else on support@ because it will generate a ticket.

Now, if your problem is that you are not getting the real email on support@, then you will not get any ticket on WHMCS. Is that your problem? You are being notified about tickets, but you don't see the tickets on WHMCS? If so, you need to check your department configuration and email server.

1. Are you getting emails on support@ at all? If yes move to 2.

2. Check your WHMCS email configuration for your department.

If you are not getting emails at all on support@, then the problem is with your email server. How was the email account created in your server?