Email Verification/ File Attachment issue

Hi, 

I'm having a few issues with my WHMCS,

Issue #1 
Email verification message is not getting to anyone. But when you check Under Client Profile > Email Tab it says the msg has been sent however it's not delivering to the client's email. So most of my clients have unverified accounts/email addresses. 

Issue #2
Unable to attach files on help tickets as they get attached but the message with attached file won't go through. It gives an error page instead. Messages without attachments work ok.

Issue #3
When a client pays a hosting bill it won't auto update on the invoice section and it keeps on sending overdue invoice msgs to the client unless I manually marked them as Paid.

Pls let me know how to resolve these issues.

Thanks

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @Ambarella

Issue 1:

If a message is recorded in the Email Message Log and there's no error in the Activity Log (located at Utilities -> Logs -> Activity Log), it indicates that the message left WHMCS without any errors from your mail server. Therefore the problem is one of email delivery and so I would advise making contact your mail server administrator to investigate further. If there is an error in the Activity Log, you can start troubleshooting that here: http://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/678803-troubleshooting-email-sending-problems

Issue 2:

This would indicate an issue with the configured attachments directory. You will first want to review the attachments directory you have set in your configuration.php file and ensure that both the path to the directory and the permissions on said directory are correct: https://docs.whmcs.com/Further_Security_Steps#Secure_the_Writeable_Directories

Also ensure you have set the correct allowed attachment types: https://docs.whmcs.com/Support_Tab#Allowed_File_Attachment_Types

Issue 3:

The first thing to check here for any errors is the Gateway Log located at 'Billing -> Gateway Log',  please see: http://help.whmcs.com/m/payments/l/679733-troubleshooting-payment-issues

There can be a number of reasons for this issue happening, so opening a ticket with our Support Team would perhaps be the best way to get this addressed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Alex

Ok i managed to sort out the email verification issue, but the attachment issue is still there, I followed your URL and did things accordingly, updated the config file dir paths and change the dir locations also but still getting the error "Invalid Path" when trying to add an attachment to help tickets 😕 

Before i change the dir paths, that 3 dir was in a separate folder under Home directory, so i thought it should be in the home dir itself, so i put the 3 dir in home dir and updated the paths on config file hoping that would sort out the issue. But unfortunately, it didn't. 

Any other suggestions as to what causes the error?

• WHMCS Staff

Hi @Ambarella,

I think it's best that you open up a Support Ticket so that we can look in to this in detail for you if you believe your directory paths are correct.

When opening the ticket, please make sure you provide WHMCS and FTP details to ensure a speedy resolution!

We're here to help and we'll surely get everything sorted for you. 🙂

Best Regards,

Peter