Can we add extra field in knowledge base while adding any article?

On 22/08/2018 at 11:53, jayminzap said:

Can we add extra field in knowledge base while adding any article?

There is already checkbox given to make it private, can we add anything like this for my another role?

not really - it's an encrypted file, so there's nothing easily editable... that checkbox just assigns a value to the relevant field in the database table.

what is it that you're wanting to do ? there may be another way to do it.

Okay , What i want is when we add article in knowledge base there is checkbox to make it private, so in my system I have different roles of users, so I want restriction to make it private based on custom roles, so for that I need to add one new checkbox for the same. Can we add something like that or any possible solution?

On paper it is possible but it's a very boring task.

First you should inject the new checkboxes (one for each role) with jquery in an action hook (you could also use a select). Once done in another action hook you have to detect and store such information. Lastly in a third action hook you need to override/recreate KB array of articles depending on roles.

On 31/08/2018 at 10:13, jayminzap said:

Okay , What i want is when we add article in knowledge base there is checkbox to make it private, so in my system I have different roles of users, so I want restriction to make it private based on custom roles, so for that I need to add one new checkbox for the same. Can we add something like that or any possible solution?

not out of the box, nor can I think of a third-party solution that can do it either.

it could be done - but you'd either be looking at a hook if you want to assign kb articles to user roles (i'm assuming you're using client groups for these roles?), or possibly an addon module if you want to have a method from assigning them in the admin area... I suppose you could even use kb tags to assign them to client groups and then modify the arrays based on those tags for the articles, but that's not ideal.