Strip HTML from Invoice PDF

Logman

I have successfully stripped HTML from email templates, cart pages and the invoice template. Still have product description HTML in the invoice PDF. Code looks a bit more complex. Tried |unescape after the item description in invoicepdf.tpl but it just removes the whole description. Any ideas?

foreach ($invoiceitems as $item) {
    $tblhtml .= '
    <tr bgcolor="#fff">
        <td align="left">' . nl2br($item['description']) . '<br /></td>
        <td align="center">' . $item['amount'] . '</td>
    </tr>';
}

1 hour ago, Logman said:

I have successfully stripped HTML from email templates, cart pages and the invoice template. Still have product description HTML in the invoice PDF. Code looks a bit more complex. Tried |unescape after the item description in invoicepdf.tpl but it just removes the whole description. Any ideas?

|unescape would be for Smarty - in this template, you have to think PHP.... changing nl2br to strip_tags would remove all the HTML from the string - but whether you want to do that i'm unsure...

strip_tags(nl2br($item['description']),'<br>')

the above would remove all html from the string apart from new lines/break returns - what HTML are you seeing i that string that you want to remove ?