Automaic domain renewal and not sufficient credit

I don't think this may be properly defined "a bug"... but it may cause some issues with customers, and I don't know if there's any configuration trick which may fix it.

• domain set in autorenewal mode (i.e. price of the renewal: 9 )
  • user has available credit, but not sufficient to pay the renewal of the domain (i.e., available user credit = 4 )
  • at rhe renewal moment, WHMCS issue the proforma invoice (for 9) and automatically apply the available credit (4): so the user is rquired to pay only 9 - 4 = 5

Right?

No, because there're two issues:

• user log-in, and instead of paying the existing invoice, insert a new renewal order, and pays it in full (9).
    WHMCS process the new order, and put as "cancelled" the existing, unpaid proforma.
    And the user open a ticket: "Where's my credit of 4?!?!?!?!"

• or the user, even if the domain is set in autorenewal, decides not to renew it: but he has still paid 4 for this renewal, even if the renewal will never be done...

i'd be tempted to class both issues as the customers fault.... I suppose you could argue the logic of WHMCS in this feature implementation is flawed, but that's a given with many features.

1. could be prevented by either disabling renewals in the cart completely (the easiest solution), or a selective hook that prevents a domain renewal being shown in the cart if it's within x days of it's NDD (and hence an invoice should have already been generated).
  2. would probably require another credit invoice to be manually added by you - but it's not an issue that i've ever ran into in real-life.