Registration page passwords matching

yggdrasil

On 7.5 I noticed that some behavior on the registration template is now worse than it was before on 7.1.

It has a new nice country phone box. Thank you for this long expected feature! 😁

But the password field is much worse. For example, in the past it warned the user if the passwords don't match. Now it does not anymore. It also displayed a better security bar information than the current one. No security warning box either. I guess you can add that back but the not matching passwords feature which was removed makes it harder for someone to register if they don't type the same passwords on both boxes.

Sure, I can add also add this back with JS but just wondering why WHMCS decided to remove it and give us more work. I'm talking here about the default template that ships out of the box on every new installation.

Edited by yggdrasil

5 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

It has a new nice country phone box. Thank you for this long expected feature! 😁

WHMCS didn't write it themselves - they got it off GitHub. 😀

https://github.com/jackocnr/intl-tel-input

5 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

But the password field is much worse. For example, in the past it warned the user if the passwords don't match. Now it does not anymore. It also displayed a better security bar information than the current one. No security warning box either. I guess you can add that back but the not matching passwords feature which was removed makes it harder for someone to register if they don't type the same passwords on both boxes.

it should give a warning message if you submit mismatching passwords... this is on v7.6, but pretty sure it hasn't changed since v7.5

y1WfgaE.png

I don't mean the server side checking. At that point someone already has hit the submit button. It showed while typing the password to allow the user to fix this before hitting submit. Here:

5HOE9dJ.png

Maybe I added this to the template and I forgot? I seriously cannot remember doing it 🙄. I think this was build into the default template. The tips for a good password message as you see is also gone now. That is not very important and maybe even preferable to simplify the registration page but the message that notifies someone while typing that it does not match is quite useful.

Edited by yggdrasil

37 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

Maybe I add this to the template and I forgot? I seriously cannot remember doing it 🙄 I think this was build into the default template. The tips for a good password message as you see is also gone now. That is not very important and maybe even preferable to simplify the registration page but the message that notifies someone while typing that it does not match is quite useful.

i've just cycled back through the v7 devs and I think it got changed in v7.3... I can see it on the register page in v7.2.2, but not v7.3... which means the change was probably around this time last year...

the language string itself is still there, but it's no longer called by the .js or template.

Yes, I was on 7.1 before upgrading to 7.5. So another thing removed on a newer version? It starts to feel more and more like a downgrade at this point. 😓

Lucky for me and as opposed to WHMCS developers. I document things and compare them on each upgrade so I can see the little small stuff they are removing on each new version.