MarketConnect Fatal errors

NikRB

After updating any page on the frontend that displays a SpamExperts promotion or the SpamExperts landing page returns a fatal error.
If I disable the promotions and other options settings everything works, but obviously no one can purchase the addons.
The error being returned for the promotions is 

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Method WHMCS\MarketConnect\Promotion\Promotion::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Call to a member function isYearly() on null in /home/billpress/webapps/billpress/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/MarketConnect/Promotion.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/billpress/webapps/billpress/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(1, 'Method WHMCS\\Ma...', '/home/billingen...', 0)
#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

I am running the default Six theme and my server has the required modules installed.

The other error is on the SpamExperts landing page

Error: Call to a member function toFullString() on null in /home/billpress/webapps/billing-billpress/templates_c/7c5bae1b4f911ec51aa338dc013a0919793b176c_0.file.index.tpl.php:124

I have cleared the cache and try again with no luck.

I have a ticket open and will report back if I have any luck there.

Thanks
Nik

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @NikRB,

These kinds of errors indicate out-dated template files. Please upload a fresh copy of the /templates directory (you can download from https://download.whmcs.com) then clear your template cache (Utilities > System > System Cleanup).

More information is available in this guide: http://help.whmcs.com/m/80786/l/950486-troubleshooting-marketconnect-promotion-fatal-errors

Hi John,

I have done a completely fresh install of 7.5 (DB and files running Six) and I'm able to re-create the errors.
So this does not seem update related. Feel free to move it to the appropriate community. 

I have worked out how to replicate the error:
If I import an account from cPanel the fatal error is triggered for any front-end page that involves SpamExperts for that logged in user.
If I create a new account via WHMCS there are no errors.
If disable any SE features showing for users there are errors, but obviously no way for them to signup.

Support is having a look now, let me know if you have any suggestion other than the ones tried in the provided link.

Thanks
Nik