Variable domain transfer fee

akust0m

Hello,

Is there a relatively easy way via hooks to adjust a domain transfer invoice amount if a domain an inbound domain transfer has an expiry date of 90 days or less away?

The reason I ask is because .au domains can be transferred outside of 90 days without the need for renewal, but within 90 days the registrant technically has the option to renew the domain. My registrar module gives the option to force the renewal of a .au domain if within 90 days of expiry, but the WHMCS system has no knowledge of this.

It would be good if there could be a check in place where if the domain is within 90 days of expiry, change domain transfer invoice to $X, otherwise leave invoice at $0.

Hopefully there is a way :)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, akust0m said:

Is there a relatively easy way via hooks to adjust a domain transfer invoice amount if a domain an inbound domain transfer has an expiry date of 90 days or less away?

off-hand, I can't think of one... and wouldn't it be better to adjust the transfer fee in the cart before checkout... otherwise you could get a situation where a client checks out thinking the transfer is free and then when the invoice arrives, they suddenly find it's $10. O.o

2 hours ago, akust0m said:

It would be good if there could be a check in place where if the domain is within 90 days of expiry, change domain transfer invoice to $X, otherwise leave invoice at $0.

if this is for .au, then whois may not be a viable option as I don't believe that auda publicise the expiry dates of .au domains, so you'd have to find some alternate method of determining the expiry date.... once you have that, then the rest probably writes itself as it's simple enough to override the domain price using the OrderDomainPricingOverride hook...