Domain Checker to Shopping Cart

bugster

Thanks, that was my first thought also and I did try that and it doesn't carry over the domains to the cartphp

The url looks like this

cart.php?a=add&domain=register&domainsearch=testmydomainagain.com&domains=

but the page is just the domain search field. It should actually land on the configuration of the domain.

Any other ideas?

the way i said it passes the domain only to the shopping cart but not the prices obviously because the domainchecker does not pull and submit the domain prices and cycles to the cart .

so a code has to be added to the domainchecker.tpl file and i will see if i can do that when i have some time.

i am not sure if that is possible but i think it is .

if you submt a ticket to matt he will sure give you a better idea what to do .

Matt,

Thanks for the file.

When I changed the form to point to cart.php and added the 2 hidden form fields, the price for the domain was showing up as $0.00 and the price for ID Protect was also showing up as $0.00.

When I put the original form lines back, the proper prices were showing.

On change I have also made is in adddomain.tpl, which is the domain page within the cart is to add WWW / WHOIS to the more info column when domains have been taken.

This allows the client to see who has registered the other domains.

The simple change is...

<tr class="clientareatableactive"><td>{$result.domain}</td><td class="{if $result.status eq $searchvar}domaincheckeravailable{else}domaincheckerunavailable{/if}">{if $result.status eq $searchvar}<input type="checkbox" name="domains[]" value="{$result.domain}"{if $result.domain|in_array:$domains} checked{/if} /> {$LANG.domainavailable}{else}{$LANG.domainunavailable}{/if}</td><td>{if $result.regoptions}<select name="domainsregperiod[{$result.domain}]">{foreach key=num item=regoption from=$result.regoptions}<option value="{$regoption.period}">{$regoption.period} {$LANG.orderyears} @ {$currencysymbol}{$regoption.price} {$currency}</option>{/foreach}</select>{/if}</td></tr>

to

<tr class="clientareatableactive"><td>{$result.domain}</td><td class="{if $result.status eq $searchvar}domaincheckeravailable{else}domaincheckerunavailable{/if}">{if $result.status eq $searchvar}<input type="checkbox" name="domains[]" value="{$result.domain}"{if $result.domain|in_array:$domains} checked{/if} /> {$LANG.domainavailable}{else}{$LANG.domainunavailable}{/if}</td><td>{if $result.status eq "unavailable"}<a href="http://{$result.domain}" target="_blank">WWW</a> <a href="#" onclick="window.open('whois.php?domain={$result.domain}','whois','width=500,height=400,scrollbars=yes');return false">WHOIS</a>{/if}{if $result.regoptions}<select name="domainsregperiod[{$result.domain}]">{foreach key=num item=regoption from=$result.regoptions}<option value="{$regoption.period}">{$regoption.period} {$LANG.orderyears} @ {$currencysymbol}{$regoption.price} {$currency}</option>{/foreach}</select>{/if}</td></tr>

So in effect this shows either the drop down box for selecting number of years, or info on who beat you to the domain.

I have downloaded the new domainchecker.php and it is better than the older version but still doesn't seem to work on my system.

Here is what happens:

I load the domainchecker.php page and enter a domain like 1312313xxx.co.uk, it shows as being available and I tick the .com box as well as the .co.uk box.

I then click on 'Order' which loads cart.php with another list of the same domain saying that they available but the .com is no longer ticked but the .co.uk is.

This seems like an unessary step as the visitor has to do the lookup twice.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

and if you add in my change above, you still get the links to www & whois.

can someone point me in the direction of the template for making the change to direct the link to the cart rather than domainchecker - I did a search but couldn't find it :(

As far as I can tell, the only default place it is referenced is in the header.tpl file, in the client area side menu. You need to delete or comment out the following:

<tr>
<td class="navbutton" onmouseover="this.className='navbuttonover';" onmouseout="this.className='navbutton';" onclick="window.location='domainchecker.php'">{$LANG.domaintitle}</td>
</tr>

Si