New host, hopefully same whmcs account

My current setup is a reseller hosting account with host provided whmcs account. My provider can't or won't upgrade my PHP version in order to keep everything up to date. 

I want to change host or set up onsite servers to handle my sites. I would like to take over or keep the same whmcs account and configurations. 

Is this something that can be done myself, or will I be setting up a whole new account from the beginning. Thanks in advance. 

6 hours ago, adamking904 said:

I want to change host or set up onsite servers to handle my sites. I would like to take over or keep the same whmcs account and configurations. 

your WHMCS account, and configurations, are all stored within your WHMCS database on your hosted account on the resold server  - if you can access that database, and take a backup copy, then you can use it when setting up your WHMCS installation on the new server.... remember to take copy of the files as well, especially if you're using a custom theme, hooks, addons etc.

6 hours ago, adamking904 said:

Is this something that can be done myself, or will I be setting up a whole new account from the beginning.

it sounds as though you may need to get a new WHMCS license from your new host (if they offer them) or direct from WHMCS if they don't, but once you have that, then it's just a case of installing WHMCS again on the new server...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Licensing

Moving WHMCS is straight forward:

• Take a backup of your database following these instructions,
  • Make sure the new server meets the system requirements,
  • Transfer the files across to the new server,
  • Restore the database via phpmyadmin on the new server and make any changes to the database settings in configuration.php.
  • You'll then need to re-issue your license as described above.
  • Login to your WHMCS admin and update the system URLS in Setup > General Settings.
  • Check that your cron jobs, payment gateway callbacks and any email forwarders are modified accordingly.
  • Finally, delete the WHMCS files and cron from the old location.

... and whether you get your WHMCS license from another host or from WHMCS directly, you can still contact WHMCS support for assistance either way (e.g if using a license from a reseller, you can contact WHMCS Reseller Support without the need to login).