two domains (sales and client), one installation

Adam76

Question

I'm looking to choose WHMCS for managing my reseller hosts, and what I would like to know is if I am able to have one WHMCS installation/licence running on two domains, one being the sales funnel front-end and then the client side on a different (but related) domain.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Hi - In the license area are three different areas:

Valid Domains: mydomain.com,www.mydomain.com

Valid IPs: 4.4.4.4

Valid Directory: home/someacct/public_html/whmcs

If you are operating on two different TLDs, then I believe the answer to your question is going to be "No". 

On 6/7/2018 at 18:37, Adam76 said:

I'm looking to choose WHMCS for managing my reseller hosts, and what I would like to know is if I am able to have one WHMCS installation/licence running on two domains, one being the sales funnel front-end and then the client side on a different (but related) domain.

it would be something like generichost.com and generic.host i have both domains, would like to use one for sales funnel, one for client area.

it really depends what you mean by sales funnel front-end... e.g., if that is just going to be a WP site that has cart links to the WHMCS cart, then you wouldn't need a license for that WP domain - only the domain on which WHMCS is actually hosted.

it might be worth opening a ticket with Sales/License Dept and explaining to them exactly what you want to do.

technically, I think a license can only be assigned to one domain, but i'm not sure how WHMCS would handle two domains pointing to the same hosting account and with the license assigned to the WHMCS domain (one of the two)... someone from WHMCS would be better to answer that, and those from the sales/licensing dept will know best.

• WHMCS Customer Service

Hi @Adam76

What has been said about issuing a license to more than one domain is correct. In broader terms though, WHMCS is designed to run on one brand at a time and as such, if your two domains are related to the same brand this might be something that can be implemented our side. I also suggest to open a ticket to Licensing (or Sales if you still don't have an account with us)  and we will be happy to look into this further.