Prevent Multiple Login Attempts on client sign-in forms

sonuyos

• WHMCS Staff

Hi @sonuyos,

I believe you would be able to achieve using the ClientLogin and ClientLoginShare hook points. If you take a look at ClientLoginShare, it will send the data back on a failed login attempt. The example shows how it could be used to automatically register an account for this non-existent user however, you could also use this to log information about a login request.

EDIT: I forgot the link for you! See here: https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks-reference/authentication/#clientlogin

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Peter
Technical Analyst

Edited by WHMCS Peter
Forgotten link to hook points referenced in post.

7 minutes ago, WHMCS Peter said:

Hi @sonuyos,

I believe you would be able to achieve using the ClientLogin and ClientLoginShare hook points. If you take a look at ClientLoginShare, it will send the data back on a failed login attempt. The example shows how it could be used to automatically register an account for this non-existent user however, you could also use this to log information about a login request.

EDIT: I forgot the link for you! See here: https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks-reference/authentication/#clientlogin

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Peter
Technical Analyst

@WHMCS Peter thanks for this, however i was thinking about having a constant recaptcha, so whenever a client login, the captcha will be there and wont proceed without confirmation.