Laravel error management

Remitur

Having an issue with a third party add on module, I realized that Laravel's error management in WHMCS nearly does not exist: any db error you (or your customer) exprerience, bring to a white screen with a huge alert: "Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request."

The issue I experienced with the third-party module was related to a bug (which caused WHMCS try to send to the customer an invoice with a no-existing id). But any other mysql-related error gives the same error message... so, i.e., if late in the night you do backup, and to do it your system stop mysql service for the time needed, and in the meanwhile a customer log-in to your whmcs, he'll get this orrible error message.

I've seen that "somehow" it's possible to customize laravel's error messages and management... but Laravel is definitely not a friend of mine, sore here I'm asking if someone yet found how to customize it ( @brian! ? )

screenshot-domainregister.international-2018.04.23-18-07-40.png

2 hours ago, Remitur said:

I've seen that "somehow" it's possible to customize laravel's error messages and management... but Laravel is definitely not a friend of mine, sore here I'm asking if someone yet found how to customize it ( @brian! ? )

I would be inclined to leave this question for one of the WHMCS developers to answer, because...

a) i'm unsure how much they've customised their use of it, and therefore how far is now deviates from what the documentation says is possible, and more importantly

b) all the files you could edit to tweak this are seemingly Ioncube encrypted - include config.php, oops.php etc.

if you could get to the code, you'd be in with a fighting chance... but without being able to change it, I doubt you could get very far with this. :(